problems with my moment after 2.1 updateSupport

Last Updated:

1. whitetiger

whitetiger New Member This Topic's Starter

I was really reluctant to do the update to my phone, but I finally downloaded it recently. Ever since then, I've been unable to download apps from the android market, it just starts to download and then says it was unsuccessful. I've had some problems with connecting to the internet and with phone calls and text messaging, but the consistent problem is with downloading apps. I've tried multiple apps, over and over again, with no luck.

I finally took my phone to Best Buy where I bought it and spent an hour and a half there trying to get help. The store employee spent quite a while on the phone with someone and when I left, I was able to download again. I got 2 apps downloaded. By the time I got home again it's back to not working.

I was told that he was doing a hard reset or some such thing, and that all my info would be lost. To me it still looks like it looked after the 2.1 update and nothing works. I even copied all my stuff off my microsd card to my computer and reformatted it through the phone, and then put my stuff back, but that didn't work either. I was thinking it was an issue with the microsd card because it wasn't in when I downloaded the apps at the store, but I took it out here and it still won't work.

Anyone have any idea what's wrong or how to fix it? I am seriously unhappy that this update has screwed up my phone, but I don't know what else to blame. I really just want my phone to work again. I'd even go back to the factory settings from when I bought it in December if it would work right, though I do like some of the things that came with the update.

Please help!

Advertisement
  2. htcman724

htcman724 Well-Known Member

ok well go to menu setting about phone then update settings update everything you can inside there then do a reboot.see if that helps you.

3. whitetiger

I had it working again for a little bit yesterday, but now it's not working again... can't download apps and can't even trust it to make phone calls. I tried calling out 5 times before the person I was calling had their phone ring on their end.

Guess I'll have to go back to Best Buy because I need help.

4. EmoTonyB

EmoTonyB Well-Known Member

sounds like your ish dosent connect right. maybe it just picked a bad time to not work. i dunno if it has anythign to do with the update or not

5. whitetiger

I went to the store. They did a reset and then told me that my phone has a software issue and that I'd have to call Sprint to try to have them help me.

6. kencrudup

kencrudup Well-Known Member

$10 says its the Airplane Mode bug. Large amounts of data transfer (i.e., downloading updates) in weak signal conditions will trigger it every time.

7. am0572

am0572 New Member

I have the same problem with my moment. what did you end up doing to fix it?