Problems with my Nexus OneSupport

Last Updated:

1. ShotSkydiver

ShotSkydiver Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I've been having a lot of trouble with my Nexus One. It will freeze up after a seemingly random period of time. Everything becomes unresponsive. This sometimes (rarely) begins to happen after leaving the N1 on for a long period of time and requires a battery pull to fix it. Everything then returns to normal. I'm not sure if I should get it fixed, as this problem happens very rarely. It's quite annoying. To show you what I mean, I recorded some videos showing the problem:

YouTube - infiniteLoopStudios's Channel

Does anybody know what's going on?

Advertisement
  2. ikon

ikon Well-Known Member

Unfortunately, it looks llike something is definitely wrong with your phone. You should just return it for another one, or throw it out the back of a skyvan.

3. thengodisseven

thengodisseven Active Member

I would drop that live wallpaper you're using. I have the same issues you have when trying to use that one.

4. oniongirl

oniongirl Well-Known Member

Just my opinion, but it looks like a lack of memory. It seems to be responding to what you're telling it, but chugging along quite badly. Try using an app like Advanced Task Killer to see what you have running.

I generally have about 11 things running on mine, mostly stock apps. Could be that a downloaded app is poorly coded and causing instructions to get delayed. Try getting rid of that live wallpaper to start with and go from there, uninstalling any downloaded apps one at a time and seeing if the problem persists.

5. ShotSkydiver

Done. We'll see if it happens again.

I one of the videos I posted (maybe I edited it out) I opened a task manager, and showed that the only programs running were stock apps like Settings, Voice Control, and News & Weather.

The problem with trial and error like you're describing is that I have no way of testing if the issue is fixed. It happens at completely random times. That's why this is so hard to resolve.

6. JSchu22

JSchu22 Well-Known Member Contributor

Odd- I've used that wallpaper the most and mine has not exhibited those issues.

7. ShotSkydiver

Yeah, I don't believe it's the wallpaper either, as I've experienced these problems with the Grass live wallpaper as well.

8. cyberbob25

cyberbob25 Well-Known Member

wow. That problem is BAD. Had that happen to me several times on my G1 when I installed a buggy rom, but I've never seen that on my G1. I'd say between that and all of the keyboard problems that you've mentioned, you should definitely look into replacing it.