Problems with my S pen.General

1. impactma

impactma Member

My S pen for my Samsung Galaxy Note will not work. Is there anyway that you can pair it with the Note?

Advertisement
    :
  2. NeoGrandizer

NeoGrandizer Well-Known Member

There should be no pairing required. It's not a bluetooth device. It should work straight out with no issues.

Exactly what is your issue with the s-pen? Just saying it doesn't work isn't giving us a lot of information to help you.

Please provide exact details of what's not really working and I'm sure some of us will be more able to help and/or provide suggestions to resolve the issue.
  3. impactma

impactma Member

Nothing works at all. It will not scroll on the screen or anything. It is as if I am not touching the screen with it at all.
  4. NeoGrandizer

NeoGrandizer Well-Known Member

Interesting. That's the first time I've heard of that. It's possible the pen could be defective. Only suggestion is to bring it back to the store and test it with another pen. If the other pen works, then your pen is defective. If the other pen behaves the same way, then your Note is defective.
  5. landovr

landovr Well-Known Member

Did you pen not work from new or did it stop working? Have you tried pulling the battery out and restarting your phone? Do you have a screen protector?
  6. droidcentric

droidcentric Well-Known Member

What kind of screen protector are you using?

And have you tried the test mode? dial *#0*# select s-pen test
  7. wiry

wiry New Member

I hope I'm not insulting you, but do you know there is a button on the pen that you have to have pressed to bring up the note?
  8. impactma

impactma Member

First off, yes I know about the button on the pen. And, I bought the Note as a display model, it did not have the pen with it. So, I bought the pen separately, it was an official Samsung S Pen. So I'm guessing my pen is probably defective.
  9. terry203

terry203 Member

im having the same problem but my s-pen works on other notes ?
  10. Leannenicole

Leannenicole New Member

I got my galaxy note 2 a couple of days ago but my s pen doesnt work properly the air view doesnt work and it starts writing before iv even touched the screen! Is there anyway to fix this? Thanks!!
  11. Jetmerritt

Jetmerritt Well-Known Member

Pull the S-pen button off with a razor blade or jewelry screwdriver and adjust the potentiometer. Tutorial vids on YouTube. Or smack it on the table apparently can help too. Maybe if the tip is jammed up somehow. Some research I did when mine was acting up came up with the results I mentioned.