Problems with Mytouch 3g

Last Updated:

1. SmahtMan

SmahtMan Member This Topic's Starter

this is very odd and i dont know what i should do, right now all the physical buttons will not work except the menu and end call (red headset) buttons and who knows what else, since i originally had a combination lock with the 9 dots that you make a pattern with, it wont even come up anymore, i hit the menu button and the home screen just pops up. and i also notice that when i turn on my phone a satellite signal icon appears at the top bar where it shows the network and the internet connections. i dont know what is wrong with it. and im not even sure if its because when the battery died and i charged it with my car and instantly turned it back on and then i turned off my car while it is still urning on and hasnt finished, could it be the fact the phone shut off when it is checking the SD card? i really have no clue what to do now, someone please help me out on this.

Advertisement
  2. BiGMERF

BiGMERF Well-Known Member

did you try A hard reset?

3. InstantKarma

InstantKarma Well-Known Member

Did you recently restore a backup? I had the same situation earlier this week after I restored the system settings after flashing a new rom.

4. SmahtMan

i did not restore or reset anything, my phone is not rooted or anything but i really dont know what to do so yeah...

5. InstantKarma

InstantKarma Well-Known Member

Merf was suggesting that you do a hard reset if you hadn't already, which may be your only option.

6. SmahtMan

is it called the factory data reset, if not what do i do?

7. BiGMERF

Call tmobile have them walk you through it. but yes its a factory data reset

8. SmahtMan

well i was planning on getting the phone to a tmobile store later anyways but thanks

9. BiGMERF

there gonna do the same thing at the store. trust me, its the first thing they do . everytime, before they look deeper. matter of fact if that doesnt fix it they usually just replace it. but for the issue you have a factory reset should fix it

SmahtMan likes this.
  10. shawn1224

shawn1224 Ex CEO-DNPSEA foundation VIP Member

That's all they really know how to do. A lot of reps are pretty ignorant when it comes to phones.

Like Merf said, a Master reset should do the trick

SmahtMan likes this.
  11. SmahtMan

wow i just did it and it works now, thanks for the help

12. BiGMERF

Glad we could help

13. doctor_don

doctor_don New Member

So all addresses and phone numbers are gone? And images?

Is everything recorded on the SD card also erased?

14. justjimjpc

justjimjpc Premium Member VIP Member

Master reset wipes the phone of data and settings... nothing on the SD card is touched.

Apps are stored in your google account and can be downloaded again, paid apps can be retrieved as no cost.

15. eagle7n

eagle7n New Member

I have a problem with my mytouch3g as well: My T-Mobile Mytouch 3g is locked, and I accidentally clicked "forgot my password". It took me to a screen where it has me enter my google account username and password, yet whenever I do it says I have entered the wrong username/password. Also, it won't let me leave this screen and unlock the phone by my normal means of unlocking it (sliding along the buttons). I've tried logging on to my google account on a computer and it works, but it doesn't work on the phone-what should I do? Please help if you can thanks.

16. xarophti

xarophti Active Member

Did you try CHANGING your Google password on your PC? Since you hit "forgot your password", the sync feature may be expecting a new password and the old one won't work anymore on the phone even though the PC account is still registering as correct. If that doesn't work, this might be a another case for a master reset. When you do this, you have to sign into your Google account as if it was a new phone. If your password is right on your PC, it should work and re-sync all your contacts and info, then you can re-download your apps.