Problems with near new HTC One S screenSupport

Last Updated:

1. Niickehh

Niickehh Member

I got my shiny new HTC one S just over a month ago. About a week and a half a go, I started to get this issue where the whole of the right side of the screen, and the bottom of the screen would just appear black. This would only be on the home screen. On any other interface it would appear as normal. (See below)

Broken screen
    [​IMG]

Normal screen
    [​IMG]

I have no idea what causes this issue, it started of coming quite rarely, once every couple of days, but today it's happened three times so far on three separate occasions and the only way I have found of solving is to do a phone reset.

It is currently, 00:34 at the time of writing this - this is what my home screen, and a few other interfaces look like:

Settings...
    [​IMG]

Home screen personalizer (Notice the black edging under the front layer interface...)
    [​IMG]

Recent apps
    [​IMG]

And even the locking screen seems to work fine
    [​IMG]

I've just moved away to Uni so I cannot afford to be without a phone, but I have no idea what to do with this. I don't want to do a factory reset unless absolutely necessary.

So, if you could, I would greatly appreciate any advice you have have and I would like to know if anyone else has had this issue/know of this issue occurring on someone else's handset because I have no idea what to google to get a good search so I'm yet to find any info on there.

If this is in the wrong place, then please just move it :) I need all the support I can get.

Thanks guys,

Nick

Advertisement
  2. isaemm

isaemm Well-Known Member

That is exactly what is happening to my screen. And it started right after updating to 4.0.4 last week.
  3. mark505

mark505 Member

you just need to clear all apps data and cache and than do a fac reset and after the reset update it hopefully it'll fit your prolem
  4. isaemm

isaemm Well-Known Member

What a pain in the pooper!