1. Introducing Channels - a new way to chat with other Android users!
    Dismiss Notice

Problems with new FAcebook app

Last Updated:

1. cyberelex

cyberelex Member This Topic's Starter

Does Anyone have multiples contacts being created and linked every single time the app initiates a sync. So for example under Joe smith it would create a contact named com.facebook.auth.login under joe smith. And this is created everytime it syncs, so overnight i had about 5 for each contact. It also doesnt pull the picture for each contact. is this just me?

Advertisement
  2. Munnarg

Munnarg Well-Known Member

I personally use the Facebook for HTC Sense to sync my contact pics. I've never used the Facebook app to sync or for notifications.

3. chris_h16

chris_h16 Guest

Hi
    Yes i get this. I usually use the HTC Sense app which has always worked fine, then I've updated to Froyo 2.2 on HTC Desire and noticed the new Facebook update of the market app so downloaded and starting using this but it only syncs the contact name and no status or pictures into the contacts, but it does update itself if you go into the app iteslf. I also got the duplicated contact on each sync.

4. kast107

kast107 Active Member

A little off topic, but be careful with the FB update. I just uninstalled it because it wasn't letting my phone go to sleep. I need to conserve my precious battery.

5. bzxzlg

bzxzlg Member

I did notice that in the new facebook app you can adjust the update settings ... menu -> settings -> refresh interval = set to never and then uncheck notifications :)

6. kast107

kast107 Active Member

The old FB allowed you to do the same thing. The problem is that with this one, even if you turn off the notifications and set the refresh interval to "never", it still keeps running in the background and won't let your phone sleep.

7. EvilAndroid

EvilAndroid Member

ouch... same for me. I just linked them all; only 18 minutes of my life I'll never get back.

8. Texrands

Texrands New Member

Same problem here Cyber...anyone have a fix?

9. brushrop03

brushrop03 Well-Known Member

yep...Facebook in your browser

10. elteedub

elteedub Active Member

i dont understand whats with all the facebook apps...if i remember correctly my phone came with a facebook app pre installed..then theres something on the phone called facebook htc sense and in the marketplace there is a facebook for android..what is the difference between all three

11. brushrop03

brushrop03 Well-Known Member

Facebook for android is the app that came with the phone

Facebook for HTC sense is the integration between your facebook account and everything in your phone (i.e. events, birthdays, contacts, etc.) It's not considered an app.

12. elteedub

elteedub Active Member

ok and then what is the app that is in the marketplace..facebook for android?

13. cornbreadfarts

cornbreadfarts Well-Known Member

yes elteeedub

14. elteedub

elteedub Active Member

so if i install that app does it replace the facebook app i have on my phone already? i dont see an option on the app that came with the phone to let you update

15. SwiftFox

SwiftFox Active Member

when u click install on the facebook app on market it will pop up a notification on screen that it will replace the currently installed app

16. elteedub

elteedub Active Member

thanks...until they add chat...i am not updating

17. TheBiles

TheBiles Well-Known Member

Helpful and insightful!

I do not have this problem with Facebook sync. I would probably just disable the sync if I were you, but you might want to try re-installing to see if that helps any.

18. backwater

backwater Well-Known Member

mine makes me login again every night/morning now since the update. i don't know why but it's annoying.