problems with options in recovery menu

Last Updated:

1. davidlquinn

davidlquinn Member This Topic's Starter

i have problems with my recovery menu options. running clockwork mod & i only have the following 4 options in my recovery menu.
    1-reboot system now
    2-apply sd card: update zip
    3-wipe data factory reset
    4-wipe cache partition

underneath is the message

e: can't open /cache/recovery/command

without a restore option, i cannot change mod's or kernels--or if i can, i don't know how. i've tried to flash sprecovery from rom manger, but the menu options do not change. any ideas how i can solve this issue?

Advertisement
  2. istolvampire

istolvampire Well-Known Member

try flashing clockwork with rom manager and then sprecovery right after a couple of times. In the past this has cleared certain issues.

3. davidlquinn

didn't help---tried the process you mentioned & it didn't work so i tried it all over again but still didn't work. any other ideas?

4. istolvampire

can you load a whole rom with the update zip option after you load it via the computer to the sd card? Something got corrupted.

you should be able to find an update zip of Sprecovery and try to load it with option 2 after you transfer it via the computer to the sd card(root)

5. davidlquinn

i've re-installed sprecovery using this method--http://droidthings.freeiz.com/?page_id=381
    i didn't know you could install it somehow using update zip. can you point me a link that would show how to do this?

6. istolvampire

can't find the copy i had of sprecovery in an update zip form right now but I am hung over at the moment.lol Also couldn't get to the link you provided but I am assuming you used or you could use rsdlite and flash the sprecovery sbf file found in the everything root section. Either way I am glad you were able to get it worked out.

7. davidlquinn

i'm sorry--as i re-read what i last posted, i see i neglected to make clear the fact that i re-installed it multiple times using the above method in the link, my options still do not change.
    possibly if i could do it using the update zip method, then it might make a difference. if you find how to get that copy. thanks