Problems with Parrot Car kit CK3300 and 3100

Last Updated:

1. serenity

serenity Member This Topic's Starter

Hi

First off need to say I am loving android and the HTC Desire truely fantasic phone. However I have run into my first real problem.
    I have a Bluetooth Parrot carkit the CK 3100. Now the phone pairs with carkit and syncs contacts (in a fashion not the best sync - contacts a bit messed up etc but easily sorted by maual push of contacts). However
    1. It does not play music or sat nav instructions through the car speakers. I was expecting it to do this becasue all my other phones with AD2P have done it no problem
    2. The only time anything other than phonecalls have come through the car speakers was NDrive instructions but only whilst IN A CALL!!!

So basically no sound apart from calls coming through car speakers apart from when in a call... not the best way round in my reckoning! In fact the instructions from NDRive were so loud I could not hear the caller at all and it was rather embarrising and had to end the call since I couldnt pick up the phone and end NDrive since I was driving at the time.:confused:

Since I am new to android am I missing something in setting or something.. I have search for an answer on here and google and come up with nothing

Advertisement
  2. spiderbundy

spiderbundy Member

I have the Parrot MiniKit and it pairs and connects with the Desire ok....but it wont put the calls through it when i ring out or someone rings in....weird.

3. serenity

I had to go to settings/ wireless & networks/bluetooth settings then press and hold on the paired device and choose options then tick the box next to Phone to get the calls to be routed through the carkit speakers, maybe check thats set up ok?

My set up routes calls incoming and outgoing through the parrot no problem and an I wouldnt have been too bothered about the lack of music through the car speakers since I have harddrive linked to to the car etc but would have liked to have satnav instructions through the car speakers when not in a call and no instructions when in a call not the other way round.

4. serenity

OK looks like the Parrot ck3100 and 3300 doesnt actually support AD2P.. so now very confused why my other windows phones played music and satnav instructions through the car stereo with no problem:confused:
    Even if i could find a way of swtiching off Ndrive from putting it through the stereo when in a call that would be fine....any suggestions