Problems with People and HTC Sync

Last Updated:

1. Grendhell

Grendhell New Member This Topic's Starter

Hi all, I've got some problems on my HTC hero with People and syncing.

I've imported all the contacts from outlook to my mobile without any problem but when I open People they are divided in two alphabetically sorted lists: i have some contacts sorted from A to Z and then the remaining sorted as well from A to Z but this second batch has dividers between contacts starting with different letters.
    All my contacts are there but it's very annoying to have them divided in 2 lists, any idea how to organize them in a single list?

Second problem is that I can't sync new entries in the mobile's calendar with outlook. HTC Sync doesn't see them at all. Any idea how to fis this as well?

Cheers

Advertisement
  2. cdmackay

cdmackay Well-Known Member

haven't seen the Contacts issue...

I find that new Calendar events I make on the Hero aren't reliably synced to Google Calendar, and also deletions on the phone of events created on Google.

3. nickgd

nickgd New Member

I've seen the same problem on my new Hero. I think it has to do with the names you have given to the contacts. I found that when my contacts only had a first or last name they were sorted differently. Maybe that is also the case for you?

Bye
    Nick

4. cdmackay

cdmackay Well-Known Member

This was because I was not selecting the right calendar when adding new events. Removing the ones I wasn'tusing from "Calendars" helped.

apols for the red herring.