Problems with phoneSupport

Last Updated:

1. Fortraniv

Fortraniv New Member This Topic's Starter

Bought a HTC Desire Z on Saturday and just can't get the phone to work for more than the odd call out. Spent hours on the phone to HTC and then to Bell. Hours of trying different things and no progress. Both vendors were very helpful, but couldn't find the problem. Even went back to the store and got a new Sim chip.

Bottom line is that the phone doesn't work. Is it just too new and not all of the kinks are worked out? Incompatibilities with the phone network? Very frustrating and thinking of returning the device for something else.

Any thoughts are appreciated

Advertisement
  2. karnka

karnka Well-Known Member

Not much help I'm sure, but a colleague just received his Desire Z this morning. Sim went in and he's been using it happily since, voice, text and data.

UK, not Canada mind.

3. GlitchZero

GlitchZero Well-Known Member

My Bell Z works fine.

4. meadway

meadway Member

You've got a dud. Take it back and get a new one. Mine arrived Tuesday. I charged it for a couple of hours, put my old SIM in and vroom!
    John

5. damaru

damaru Member

Got mine from Bell last week, it works great.

6. Stuntman

Stuntman Well-Known Member

I bought mine on the same day and had problems that weekend as well. I did some testing and found that my HTC Desire Z on Bell, my BlackBerry Tour on Telus and my wife's Samsung (feature phone) on Fido (owned by Rogers) were all having issues making and receiving calls. Later that week, I was at a Best Buy store and mentioned my problems to one of the salespeople. He told me that apparently that weekend, all 3 major carriers were supposedly doing some upgrades to their networks that weekend. I cannot confirm this as I tried searching for any news about this.

My issues lasted a few days, but now I don't have any problems with the phone anymore. Just weird.

I'm in Vancouver (actually Burnaby) and those issues happened around November 7th.