Problems with ROM manager on motorola droid

Last Updated: 2010-06-24 19:26:24
  1. alexprl

alexprl Member

Hello, I recently rooted my Motorola Droid and I am trying to run Rom Manager by clockworkmod and when i attempt to Flash Clockworkmod Recovery I get an error saying, "An error occurred while attempting to run privileged commands!" Can someone offer me some help on what to do, I have tried uninstalling and turning the phone off.

Advertisement
  2. alexprl

alexprl Member

anyone???
  3. johnnybirdman

johnnybirdman Well-Known Member

I'm not rooted but as a linux user I understand this error to mean you need to change the permissions of some of the needed files. I've seen other posts about this.
    Check out the conversation here (search for the word permissions) Guide to Rooting Android 2.1 on a Motorola Droid - Droid Life: A Droid Community Blog

J.
  4. nstallion

nstallion Well-Known Member

Are you sure you are rooted?
  5. alexprl

alexprl Member

Well I did the root process this morning going from 2.1 back to stock then manually updated to 2.1 and now i have an app called superuser permissions so i think i am
  6. nstallion

When you go into the terminal and type "su" does it give you the same error?
  7. alexprl

alexprl Member

what terminal?
  8. nstallion

The terminal emulator. You should have a terminal emulator app. If not, download one.
  9. alexprl

alexprl Member

where do i find the terminal is it an app or something?
  10. alexprl

alexprl Member

thanks im downloading one right now
  11. alexprl

alexprl Member

yes i type in su and it sais permission denied
  12. nstallion

Then you are not rooted. Somewhere in your process you went wrong. What ROM did you install?
  13. alexprl

alexprl Member

What should I do?
  14. nstallion

Well you haven't given me much information to go by. I'm assuming what you mean is that you flashed back to 2.0.1 with the .sbf file, and then I'm not sure what you mean by manually updated to 2.1

Have you flashed another recovery image? SP Recovery or ClockworkMod Recovery?

I'm thinking you might just want to do it over using this guide: http://androidforums.com/all-things-root-droid/63010-how-install-sprecovery-unrooted-2-1-ota.html

Since I'm not sure exactly what 2.1 ROM you are using though I'm not sure that it would work.
  15. alexprl

alexprl Member

Yes I flashed back to 2.0.1 using the.sbf file then i downloaded the 2.1 update.zip file and installed it on the phone
  16. nstallion

Heh. All you did is downgrade 2.0.1 and then upgrade to 2.1 then. Follow that guide.

I really have no idea where that superuser app came from though. Where did you find this update.zip?
  17. alexprl

alexprl Member

Can you recommend a good guide on how to root?
  18. nstallion

19. alexprl

alexprl Member

and this will root the phone?
  20. nstallion

alexprl likes this.
  21. alexprl

alexprl Member

Alright, I will give it a shot, thank you very much for your assistance.