Aug 10 2010, 17:52:58
    Android version 2.2
    BASEBAND VERSION 32.49.00.32U_5.11.05.27
    KERNEL VERSION 2.6.32.15-GD96f2c0
    htc-kernel@and18-2 #1
    BUILD NUMBER 2.14.207.3 CL274424 release-keys
    SOFTWARE NUMBER 2.14.207.3
    BROWSER VERSION webkit 3.1
    I've been using a few guides to help me try to root the desire with pvt4 and erasesize of 40000. So far the best one I've found is to use UnrEVOked 3.21 and Amon Ra 2.0 as the custom recovery. UnrEVOked displays the message 'Done. Please wait for your system to complete installation', and the Amon Ra boot screen is displayed on the phone. However, if I reboot or shut down the phone, the original htc recovery screen returns. The phone doesn't appear to be rooted either (no superuser app, root only apps don't work).

Any thoughts? I've seen this method to work on most phones of this type so could I be missing a step, or is there an alternative method I can use?

Thanks in advance! :D

Advertisement
    :
  2. SUroot

SUroot Well-Known Member Developer

This method should work. You should use amonRA 2.0.1, follow my guide (linked in my signature) and ensure you do follow it exactly. Let me know how you get on.
  3. Martimus

Martimus One bite at a time... Moderator

SUroot likes this.
  4. mortalengine66

mortalengine66 New Member

Thanks for the help!
    I've followed the guide and now have the Amon Ra custom recovery but no superuser app. does this mean the phone still isnt rooted? Are there any other ways of testing if the phone is rooted?

Thanks
  5. shauny13

shauny13 Well-Known Member

install titanium backup and see if it will work, it requires root. Don't think you are rooted tbh if no superuser app.
  6. SUroot

SUroot Well-Known Member Developer

If you just want a custom rom, you dont need to be rooted to flash it. You just need custom recovery, which you have