Problems with SD Card Help Needed !!!!

Last Updated:

1. themonkster

themonkster Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Hello,

I have somehow manage to create 2 Ext Files Sytems on my Micro SD using the revovery image option.

I have a 2gb SD Card.

I want to fully format the SD to 2gb but it is only showing 908mb in Windows.

I have used Fdisk which shows the other 908 thats an ext but is in unallocated space and it doesnt give me any options to format/merge ect.

Does anyone have an idea how I can get my other 1gb back.

I have no real understanding of linux I am a windows user.

Thanks alot.

Advertisement
  2. Xyro

Xyro 4 8 15 16 23 42 Moderator

Well, first off bear in mind if you buy a '2GB' card you only get 1.82GB of actual space.

I don't think you made two ext partitions, that's not possible using the recovery menu. It sounds like you made a 900MB ext partition and left the only 900 for the fat partition.

You're running amon ra 1.6.2, right? Just run the partitioning tool again and it will start over again. You want to set the three sizes as: SWAP: 0MB EXT: 500MB maximum (it would take some real effort to fill 500MB) and then the remaining space becomes the normal FAT partition.

And don't trust what windows says about the ext partition being unallocated; windows doesn't like ext partitions and won't deal with them at all.

themonkster likes this.
  3. themonkster

themonkster Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Xyro you are a LEGEND !!!!!!