• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Problems with Slide keyboard on Samsung Mini

kazzye

Jan 6, 2012
Hi,

I have the Samsung mini GT-I8190, running android 4.1.1 and wish to use the SlideIT keyboard. I downloaded the trial version and this was fine but expired after three weeks so I paid for the full version as it was the best swipe keyboard I'd come across. Unfortunately now every time my phone is switched off or restarts the keyboard won't appear and I have to change the default keyboard to the Samsung swipe one to make it work at all.

I've emailed the app programmer but they say it is a samsung issue and to uninstall the samsung swipe keyboard. However, I can't seem to do this - no uninstall option.

Any ideas?

When I want to type a text/email/etc, I click in the text box but it doesn't bring up a keyboard for me to type. I then have to go into settings and change the default keyboard to samsung swipe.

It's really annoying as it's every time I turn off my phone.

First of all, go to Settings > Language & Input. Near the top you will see "Default". If SlideIT is not listed there click on it and select it.

If you still need to uninstall the Samsung keyboard...in apps if you scroll all the way to the right to "all" (FYI, I have never had to try what you are doing. So, I am not 100% sure that the samsung keyboard is listed there.)

Lastly, there are many options for keyboards that will stay selected as default after a reboot. If you like to swipe/gesture you can look at Swiftkey(flow) and swype. I once purchased SlideIT also, and stopped using it when there was a bug I reported to them and they told me that they were fixing it and next update would fix it. I asked them when that would be and they had no idea and couldnt even give me a timeframe. Left SlideIT that day and never looked back.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones