problems with sms quick delete app.General

Last Updated:

1. lemmon13

lemmon13 Member This Topic's Starter

Okay so last night I tried to delete a large thread of about 3,000 messages with the sms quick delete app I got by recomendation off this forum. I put my screen time out on never and let it sit over night. I woke up around 4 am to check on it and it was on my home screen but the thread was still there . I tried again before I fell asleep and the same thing happened this mourning. I even restarted the phone and it was still there. Does this happen to anyone else and ate there any other and delete apps out there?

Advertisement
  2. pkopalek

pkopalek Well-Known Member

I use SMS Backup and Restore.

This way, the messages are backed up, in case I ever want to have them back.

And the delete feature works. I've deleted 3900 messages at one time. It takes a couple of minutes, but it gets done. It also will tell you its success rate. It will say 2913 messages 0 failed 2913 deleted, etc.

Primevyl likes this.
  3. lemmon13

lemmon13 Member This Topic's Starter

i did download that app this mourning and tried it but it didnt work..over all i have about 8600 messages on my phone. is there anyway you can just delete one thread at a time with that app because i think that may work

4. Primevyl

Primevyl Active Member

lemmon13 you may want to just hard wipe that phone (take a one time loss) and just use that SMS backup and restore going forward...i was just looking for a way to do what you're looking for and after 2 hours helping the same customer...no dice