Problems with speaking to callersSupport

Last Updated:

1. amg_1969

amg_1969 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Hi,

my lovely Desire is giving me hassle again, when I call someone I can hear them crystal clear, but they cannot hear me, if I cut off and redial sometimes they can hear me sometimes they cannot.

This is a very hit and miss problem, I have just done a factory reset to see if that clears the problem, but was just wondering if anybody else has an issue like this?

Regards

Andrew

Advertisement
  2. mncollyer

mncollyer Well-Known Member

I have the same problem sometimes.

3. amg_1969

I have factory reset mine, so fingers crossed it hasn't happened since

4. Gogo

Gogo New Member

I have a very similar problem. When I speak to someone they often tell me they can only hear parts of what I am saying as if its cutting in and out. However, it always sounds perfectly fine on my end. I thought it was a service problem for a while but this happens even when my Desire shows full bars. I contacted T-Mobile to ask what it could be and they replaced my microphone saying it was probably faulty. However, it has been happening again. Its very unpredictable and I can stand in one place and make several phone calls and about half of them give me that problem. If anyone figures out what this is.... please tell me!

5. riki1kenobi

riki1kenobi Well-Known Member

Have you turned the volume down?

When I first got my phone the call volume was really low and I simply couldnt hear the other side, but adjusting the in call volume (press the + button while in call) sorted the issue.

6. Gogo

Gogo New Member

The problem is that other people can't hear me. It is perfectly fine on my end and so adjusting the volume wouldn't do much.

7. riki1kenobi

It would IF the speaker volume is turned down or muted.......

8. amg_1969

The problem with that theory is if they cannot hear you, you then hang up and call them back, and now they can hear you, but you have never touched the volume button between calls.

9. riki1kenobi

Yup, but the issue would then be down to signal and NOT in-call volume.....IF the problem happens in good signal areas, or with the majority of calls then I would try it and see IF it helps......

Probably signal related tbh, but you never know ;)

10. Gogo

Gogo New Member

I think maybe the problem still isn't clear. It isn't our call volume that is not working. Its the other people on many other phones who can't hear on their phone. Adjusting my speakers' volume can't possible change the sound for other people. As I said this happens even when I have a full signal and standing in the same place making multiple calls it happens on about 50%.

Does anyone else have any ideas?

11. riki1kenobi

Gogo, adjusting the in-call volume does affect the volume that the other person hears as does muting the call! IF you turn the volume down during a call the other person will struggle to hear a word! Out of curiosity, what is the sound like on speaker or via a headset (BT or wired)?

Not saying that this is the issue you are suffering from though :) Are you on froyo or eclair? Also, have you tried the factory reset yet? As this has sorted some of the sound quality issues other users have suffered.....

12. micool11

micool11 Well-Known Member

I suffer from the exact same problem. It only happens now and again. It has absolutely nothing to do with any volume functions of the desire, as when it happens I phone the person back straight away and they can then hear me perfectly and I haven't changed anything.
    I don't think its a signal problem either though.

13. amg_1969

I think its a problem with the phone, but I cannot be arsed being without it for another 3 week period. Will give HTC a call and see what they say.

Andrew

14. HelenLR

HelenLR New Member

:confused:Having this exact same problem. People I call tell me my voice sounds garbled and a lot deeper (like it's been scambled) AND it drops out. This is in areas that have a good signal strength - I am on Telstra's Next G network.
    I've not had this device more than a week. Supposed to be a phone but not useable as such - go figure! I already have a device in which the phone didn't function very well. Not sure I need a second one.
    Any advice?

ETA - I have been to the techie desk as the shop and this problem seems to be resolved now. Unsure of what caused it in the first place but I have phoned folk outside of the shop 'test' environment with no problems.

15. Jarno Lahtinen

Jarno Lahtinen New Member

I'm having same problem here. I have a Telia Sonera network, and signal is good. Sometimes when Im making a call to my friend, I can hear my friend but he cannot hear me at all. Problem can be otherwise when someone phones me.

16. kelllatz84

kelllatz84 New Member

I have HTC Wildfire & nobody can hear me when I call them. My phone volume is up as high as it can go but no joy.
    I can hear the other people clearly.

I have just been in an online chat help session with HTC & they want my phone as it is still under warranty but their warranty is a bit sketchy & doesnt really say what they cover & what they dont so they will either contact me once they have my phone to tell me if it is covered or not & if it is not then I have to pay them GBP20.00 to return my broken phone:confused:

17. jfitz

jfitz Member

i have the same problem. people can only hear me when i remove the back of my phone. anyone any idea as to how to resolve this?

18. gabontz

gabontz New Member

Hi all.
    I have a similar problem with CM7. People i call, can't hear me and always they call me back and everything is ok. I discovered that the "mute" button is grayed out at first, but if i touch it, activates and turns green. Touching it again, the people start to hear me. So it seems the phone initiates the call with the microphone muted.
    Is there any one who solved this yet?
    Also this could be a temporary fix for others.
    After the called party pick's up, touch twice the "mute" button.

19. dtindall8705

dtindall8705 New Member

I also have the same issue one the Inspire. I will try the the mute button thing if they don't get too mad and hang up first. Was this also an issue on cm7.0 not 7.1? I really like cm7 but I have to be able to talk on the phone for work purposes. I was trying go the CM site but today is black out day for SOPA so no luck for me today.

What about trying a different radio?

20. gabontz

gabontz New Member

Well, the radio update did not work for me.
    I use now Supernova_2.4.0.0.

21. dennisc

dennisc New Member

My phone is doing the same thing. When I call somebody, I can hear them fine but they cannot hear me. There has been a couple of times where somebody can hear me, but other than that nobody can hear me. Has anybody found a solution?

22. dtindall8705

dtindall8705 New Member

Well it hasn't really happened lately but toggle the speaker button and it works after that. It only really happened when I first installed.

23. Sensation1

Sensation1 New Member

Guyz, I'm facing the same issue with my Samsung Galaxy S 4G that people who call me I can hear them but they can not hear me until I double press SPEAKER button after this I can hear them, can you guyz plz tell me how to fix it??

24. Sensation1

Sensation1 New Member

Guyz, I'm facing the same issue with my Samsung Galaxy S 4G that people who call me I can hear them but they can not hear me until I double press SPEAKER button (during call) after this I can hear them, can you guyz plz tell me how to fix it??