Problems with spontaneous rebooting with several different Sense ROMs

Last Updated:

1. Colchicine

Colchicine Well-Known Member

I'm at my wit's end here. I have tried 3 ROMs today that all have some form of problems with spontaneous rebooting.
    Both of NilsP's ROMs

and Ecliptic

I had been using a stable ROM called CounterShrike (can't find where I got it from) but it had some bugs that made it unusable like Bluetooth not working.

My procedure, in Recovery is:
    Wipe Data/Factory Reset, Wipe Cache Partition, Wipe dalvik cache, then install ROM from zip.

I know that I am S-OFF and have Aroma, but my settings otherwise I do not know, since I had a friend help me and he installed several different things. If there is a way to tell these settings let me know.

I'd like to know what is going on that I can't use a ROM with Sense. If for whatever reason I can't ever, please let me know of a stable and fully functional ROM. I'd like to install one and then be DONE until I get another phone later this year. THANKS

2. scotty85

scotty85 Guides Guide

first thing we prolly should checkis your hboot version. make sure "fastboot" is unchecked in settings/power. power the phone off,then hold vold down and power until you see a white screen with colored letters. this is hboot.

let us know the information you see there :)
  3. Colchicine

Colchicine Well-Known Member

Since this post, I have gone back to my previous working ROM, CounterShrike, which is pretty decent. It is based off of CM and could find no fastboot option in the settings.

4. scotty85

scotty85 Guides Guide

well,it looks like youre on the jp bear ICS hboot,so im not sure why those roms are not working for you,unless your friend installed some mismatched firmware.

you might try running a full ruu for 3.14.605.5 or for 4.03.605.2(global ruu) so were 100% sure the firmware is up to date and matching. ( )

do a factory reset i hboot

run the phone for a day or so stock and make sure it behaves.

then install your recovery as a PH98IMG from hboot(i prefer amon over clockwork)

then try and reinstall one of those roms and see if it behaves this time.
    Colchicine likes this.