Problems with Stocks and FootprintsSupport

Last Updated:

1. CharliLynx

CharliLynx New Member This Topic's Starter

Oct 26, 2010

I'm afraid I'm a little bit new to the whole smartphone market, upgraded very slowly and very tentatively from a basic phone into a low-level Nokia and then made a big jump onto the Desire, so please go easy on me!!

One of my biggest concerns was that, not being a techie person, I didn't know what my 500mb data limit actually felt like in real terms, particularly with a phone that regularly updates things like FriendStream and such.

On recommendation from a friend, I downloaded PhoneUsage (which is also useful as I'm a massive texter and wanted to make sure I wasn't going over that limit) and it cites the two biggest users of my mobile internet at Stocks and Footprints. Although it's not enough to build me up to coming near my limits, it's now a little bug bear of mine.

I took Stocks off the autosync option but it doesn't appear to have made any difference. Is there anything I can do about it, or is it not worth bothering with?

2. the_moodster

the_moodster Member

Dec 4, 2010
    Snap, I noticed this today, also using phone usage. It's a little worrying since I too have turned stocks off auto sync and have never used footprints.