Problems with Storm 8 Games simce update to 2.2Support

Last Updated:

1. Janer64

Janer64 Member This Topic's Starter

I'm using a HTC Desire and a few days ago I updated my firmware from 2.1 to 2.2, I now find that after a few mins playing a storm 8 game that the game seems to lag or for instance the attack lists scroll very slowly or like slow motion, then all of a sudden they can be fine?
    Now I know storm 8 games are not optimised for Androids at this time and point but I didn't have this issue with 2.1 (I'm fairly sure!)

Advertisement
  2. Frisco

Frisco =Luceat Lux Vestra= VIP Member

Welcome to the forums, janer64. I took your question out of the Updates area because that forum is more for discussion of the update software and release dates, etc.

Here in the Desire support area you'll probably get informed responses from other Desire users.

I was wondering if you've rebooted your device since the update; that can often remedy issues with functionality, syncing and apps among other things.

3. Janer64

reboot as in restarting the phone?
    Many times, I tried clearing the cache too.
    If I can't get it sorted I'll have to move back to 2.1 firmware, do I just reset the phone for this?
    Besides my games from Storm 8 I have little else so it's no big deal resetting, ofc I'll wait a day or so to see if anyone can help. :)

4. Janer64

Ok I used the clear data and cache route and I also noted that even though I back buttoned in the games to exit them as I was led to believe they were still running??
    So I had to force stop all of them, now tbh that is a very cumbersome way and while I am tempted to get an app killer I'm also wary about using one of them...
    Will let you know how I progress in the next 24 hours or so!

5. Janer64

Nah no joy, it seems that the android 2.2 is not handling the games at all when I play them for 15 or so minutes.