• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Problems with System Update, Weather and Hotmail

LukeA

Lurker
Jun 20, 2011
Hi

This is my first android phone and I have been having a few issues with it, but mostly it is a great device.

The first problem is the software update check feature on the phone which will not work. I have a wireless router, and if I leave the phone on it just keeps searching for updates endlessly or if I put the phone on standby it says connection failed.

The second problem is with the weather service because I keep getting the message "weather service is temporarily unavailable", but there is nothing temporary about it as it has been like it for three days now.

The last problem is with setting up hotmail on the e-mail app, because it simply doesn't work. It keeps saying username or password wrong, which certainly isn't the case as I have checked it many times. My username is of the form username@hotmail.co.uk. Has anyone else had this issue or have solved it?

Any advice would be really appreciated!

Thanks!

Same here...
I can't solve this problem but the best thing I did is I removed the weather widget and installed a different one. That helped me
Maybe it's a bug in the internal widget so use another one (searching in the android market for 'widgets' or 'weather widget')

EDIT

Also this happens when you are connected to a WiFi network but NOT a 3g one and the phone sometimes sends wifi connection to "sleep mode". After you unlock the phone the weather service asked for information minutes before you and that's why this happens.
Not a solution yet. If I leave my 3g connection UP this doesn't happen but before do that check if you have an unlimited data plan

Reactions: Laudano
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones