1. 2015 is going to be a great year for Android! Why wait??
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | HTC One M9
  2. New Forum Created: Samsung Gear VR!

Problems with Tablet

1. compilliterate

compilliterate New Member

Hi. I am new here and in need of help. I am not good with electronics. I purchased an android mid tablet for my seven year old. We got everything going on it. She can download apps, go online and all that good stuff. We tried to download her cd's from our pc to tablet, but keep getting a message that no device driver is found. The tablet did not come with a disc and very vague directions. I need help before I throw the thing out the window. :confused:

Thanks in advance

Advertisement
    :
  2. lunatic59

lunatic59 Moderati ergo sum Moderator

Do you know what version of Android your tablet is running? If you go to settings>about phone (you and I know it's not a phone, but we don't want to give your tablet a complex ;) ) it will tell you. If you are using a version of android that is 2.3 or lower, you should see a USB connected icon in the notification tray. If you pull down the menu and tap on it you will be able to mount it as a storage device and copy the files over to the tablet.

Let us know. :D
  3. compilliterate

I am looking at it now. It says android version 4.0.4 and gives a model number
  4. lunatic59

Ah, okay. 4.04 (Ice Cream Sandwich) removed the mass storage option for devices with no physical SD card slot. Do you have a place to put an SD card? If your tablet has internal storage only it needs to connect in MTP mode (Media Transport Protocol) which I think may need a driver on XP. What OS do you have on your computer? Drivers for Windows XP might be a problem.

One other thing you might want to check is if USB debugging is enabled.
  5. compilliterate

There is a spot tf card? I have windows 7.
  6. lunatic59

A "tf" card is the old term for Micro SD Card and is indicative of a no-brand import. Lost in translation, as it were. If you have a card that fits the slot, you can just put the files there and it would be recognized when you insert it into the tablet.

It's unusual that Windows 7 wouldn't recognize a tablet running 4.0.4. Do you have a model number or a link to the place where you bought it? It might be helpful to see if others are having the same problem.
    compilliterate likes this.
  7. compilliterate

I have not gotten a card for it yet. I have a friend who purchased one from another company who is having same problem. I am also having other issues with it freezing. Looks like it may be going back to company. I am sure there is a model number that I can find in settings. Of course the box is very vague and so is the directional book. I am glad I found this site. I am sure I will be back on since I am not to savvy with this stuff. Thanks again.
  8. amcphee61

amcphee61 New Member

hi i have a mid m729w tablet and i am haveing the same problem my laptop is not picking it up either
  9. nickdalzell

nickdalzell Well-Known Member Contributor

I got a D2 pad that isn't found PERIOD on my WIN7 laptop, not even the icon asking for drivers. Conversely, my Emerson, running the exact same version (4.0.4) works fine, even in Linux. So its not the version so much as the hardware. By chance do you even get the 'USB connected, click this to enable USB storage' notification when plugged into your computer?
  10. lunatic59

First thing I'd suggest is trying a different cable. Many of the cheaper USB cables will be "charge only" meaning they aren't pinned for all 5 connections.