1. Introducing Channels - a new way to chat with other Android users!
    Dismiss Notice

Problems with the facebook app

Last Updated:

1. Style

Style Member This Topic's Starter

So I've been loving my droid, but all of a sudden the facebook app is acting strangely. Everytime I try to view someone's profile all it does is show me their info. Usually there is a tab for their wall, info, and photos. The app itself is useless to me because I can't comment on anyone's wall or look at pictures. Anyone know how I can fix this problem?

Advertisement
  2. jwmacdon1231

jwmacdon1231 Well-Known Member

Which fb app do you have?

3. Style

Style Member This Topic's Starter

It's just the android facebook app that comes with the phone.

4. adrianvfx

adrianvfx Active Member

I'm having the same issue on my Droid. Just strarted yesterday and you can't even view yourown profile to see wall posts. just goes to your info

5. n9zez

n9zez Well-Known Member

It seems to have auto-fixed itself!

6. yankeeboy

yankeeboy Well-Known Member

Hey - not to promote a particular application, but I switched to the Eris from a BlackBerry Tour ~ 2 weeks ago, and sorry to say that the Facebook app for android is lackluster at best.

I stumbled across this on Friday, NDA free on Friday, Bloo goes down for a few days, comes back as FREE with 1.4. Bloo – The Android Facebook App . I was able to find the 1.3 version .apk file, and am really happy with the way it does notifications - something that Facebook decided to leave out of its application. :eek:

Looks like the new version will be launching today, according to the developers website.

7. KoukiFC3S

KoukiFC3S Well-Known Member

I was having the same issue. I've read that the iPhone FB app was having issues as well; so it looks like the problem was on facebook's side.

8. elektrobix

elektrobix Well-Known Member

I'm waiting for the new updated version of Bloo - that's the one thing i miss from my berry, the brilliant facebook app.