Problems with time on Droid ErisGeneral

Last Updated:

1. RavenDBlades

RavenDBlades Active Member This Topic's Starter

I was wondering if any one else was having a problem with the time on their Eris jumping up an hour after daylight savings time? Shortly after the time change I noticed the time was off on my Eris, now normaly that is no big deal, but it KEEPS happening. About one to two times daily I have to go back into my date and time settings and uncheck then recheck the network time to get it back to the proper time. I called VZW and normally I have a pretty good rep, but today I got this person (couldnt even tell ya if it was a man or woman) who didnt seem to know jack squat about smart phones much less the Eris. I was just wondering if it was just me or if any one else had had this problem as well. Oh and though this is my "First" post I am not a total noob, been reading this site for quite a while now. Use it daily at work (Sprint Advance Tech Support), just first post on here my self.:D

Advertisement
  2. Kevkelsar

Kevkelsar Well-Known Member

I noticed mine did it once, but that is all. I would suggest that you stop checking and unchecking the option. It should just correct itself accordingly.

3. RavenDBlades

I have let it sit for a full day with the incorrect time still no joy. Wondering if a factory reset would fix it... Hate to do it, but if i gatta i gatta LOL

4. gruss

gruss Well-Known Member

Are you near a time zone border or anything like that? Just curious because I thought it pulled time from the tower. I haven't had an issue like that since I lived in Michigan near the whacky Indiana time zone that never changed.

5. RavenDBlades

Good try gruss, but unfortunatly no i dont live any where near a time zone. I am beguining to think it may just be a glitch and may have to reset to factory to fix it. though i would rather not its such a pain to reset up my scenes and this isnt that big a deal, I appreciate the thoughts though.

6. gruss

gruss Well-Known Member

Maybe its whacked in google? once it syncs it changes your phone? I'm grasping here but you could try this in gmail I guess, possible DST got unchecked somewhere?. Would most definitely beat a hard reset:
    (copied from google help)

Visit https://www.google.com/accounts/ManageAccount?service=mail.
    Find the Personal Settings and click Edit next to the 'Email addresses' section.
    For the Time Zone field, choose the time zone that matches your location.
    Click Save.
    Sign out of Gmail and sign back in.

RavenDBlades likes this.
  7. 5thAgent

5thAgent Well-Known Member

Oddly, I tried to set my alarm for the day after the clock changed to 2:15am, and my phone was like "No." It had the rollover on the wrong date. I'd set the alarm for 2:15am, since I had work at 3, I'd hit back, and it would say 3:15am. I ended up at work an hour early for fear that I had spaced about the date of the time change. Turns out I was right. My phone was wrong.

Erroneous
    Records
    In
    Stock firmware!

8. RavenDBlades

Ya know gruss come to think of it when I created my gmail account I did live on the East Coast... that could have something to do with it. Ill change my time zone there and see if that fixs it. Thnx for the idea.

9. gruss

gruss Well-Known Member

I aim to please! Let us know cause it would be awesome to justify my drunken meandering around the internet ;)