Problems with transferring video files?

Last Updated:

1. jsuh84

jsuh84 Member This Topic's Starter

I have several video files I recorded today that I really want to upload to my netbook right now. I mount it and when I open the folder the video's in, the folder freezes. I used the Astro program manager to copy and paste the video files (They are ~330 MB, in total) to a different folder but the folder freezes when I open them up in my netbook.

I even tied zipping all the files together through my phone using Astro but Astro keeps closing down during the middle of the zipping process.

Right now, even though the folder is seemingly frozen in my netbook, I'm gonna leave it open in hopes that it's just SLOWLY loading up the large video files.

At the very least, I'm hoping I can do this with my home PC.

FYI, I used the default video settings, so I'm assuming the camera recorded at a very high quality, thus the large files.

Can anyone provide some insight into what's going on? Is it just the insanely large files? Or that my netbook is just wack?

Advertisement
  2. jsuh84

jsuh84 Member This Topic's Starter

Figures. Just when I post this, the folder finally opens up from my netbook.

I transfer them from my desktop to a folder. When I open the folder, it freezes up again!! I notice that the video files are not the typical mpeg or avi format; it's a 3gg, I think?

Can anyone recommend me something for converting the default format to mpeg/avi format in the phone?