Problems with turning off 4gSupport

1. Cincy73

Cincy73 Active Member

I just downloaded the new software update this morning and now my Phone Info app is not working to turn off 4g. Any help would be welcomed or any new app to help or try would be welcomed. .

Advertisement
  2. allanlaw

allanlaw Well-Known Member

Settings>Network connections>More networks>Mobile networks>Mobile data UNCHECK TO TURN OFF.
  3. Cincy73

Cincy73 Active Member

I don't want to turn data off just 4g to save battery...I want 3g on
  4. 28jhuz

28jhuz Member

Settings>Network connections>More networks>Mobile networks>Mobile data> GSM/WCDMA(Auto Connect)
  5. allanlaw

allanlaw Well-Known Member

Availability of this option is carrier dependent. For example, it's not available on Verizon.
  6. Goodspike

Goodspike Well-Known Member

I know some early phones had battery issues with 4G, but I'd not heard that with the S4. Is there a significant difference?

I wouldn't know because if I'm not connected to wi-fi (where 4G would be off), I am typically connected to charging.
  7. Goodspike

Goodspike Well-Known Member

The OP should update their device and carrier information. It's not even showing that they own an S4.
  8. Cincy73

Cincy73 Active Member

I am on verizon. . And it's slightly more of a battery drain leaving 4G on.. The phone info app worked great until Verizons latest update. Trying to figure out how to get back on cdma only. ..