• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Problems with updating Damage Control...

Hello everyone-

Okay... I am pretty new to rooting and I am have a few problems so I came here to see if anyone had any suggestions or have had a similar problem.

I rooted my phone (HTC Hero 200 running 2.1) a few days ago, went with Fresh 2.1, but after having some trouble with WiFi Tethering I opted for Damage Control. I did a lot of searching online and found Damage Control 0.999999% and installed it on my phone. It is working okay for the most part, but I found out that there are a number of 2.0 versions out there so I decided I wanted to update to a new version.

1) Version 2.09.1 would not load (and I read that it was unstable so I removed it and rolled back.
2) I went with version 2.08.1 and when I rebooted the phone it would get stuck on the boot-up screen and would not go any further (I went in, wiped the phone, went back to the initial Kernel I installed (2.6.29-8f4e5478 htc-kernel@and18-2 #1), but it still wouldn't work.
3) I research other Damage Control ROMS and went with 2.06.1 Lite to download the DCUpdater... thinking that if I went with this edition I would use it to get to 2.08.1... but same result as before.

Do I need to download a new Kernel? Do I need to start from scratch and root my phone all over again? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

You have a Sprint Hero, right?

If you are bootlooping I'm guessing you didn't wipe everything that you needed to wipe. Wipe data/factory reset, dalvik cache and sd ext from the recovery screen each time you flash a new ROM.

Don't worry, we'll help get everything figured out for you :)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones