Problems with viewing moviesGeneral

Last Updated:

1. Lalaroo

Lalaroo Member This Topic's Starter

I'm getting really frustrated trying to watch videos on my Eris. I transfer them to the SD Card, and usually they don't work. I've tried maybe ten video files, and only three will play. I can't find the common denominator that the files that won't play have - they have different bitrates and different dimensions (both higher and lower than files that will play), and all the files were converted using the exact same settings in VisualHub (.mp4 with h.264 encoding).
    Here's what I've tried:
    - per another thread, I installed Cinema, hoping that some mystery codec would be installed that would allow the files to play
    - I've tried playing them in Video Player as well as through Albums
    - I've deleted all videos from the SD card, restarted the phone, and then re-copied them to the SD Card
    - I've deleted all videos and done a battery pull, then re-copied them
    - I've tried a different SD Card in the phone

Has anyone had trouble like this? Is there something I'm overlooking? What can I do - should I do a factory reset?

Advertisement
  2. justin43712

justin43712 Member

try to download handbrake and put it on ipod and iphone format. it worked for me :)

3. Bxrider11

Bxrider11 Well-Known Member

I remember when I had my BB I made the mistake of changing the name of the file to whatever. minus .mp4 at the end of the name of the file and it would not play. Maybe the same has happened foe you.

4. Lalaroo

I downloaded Handbrake, justin43712, and all the videos it has converted work fine on the Eris. Who knows why, but I'm glad to have something that'll work - even if Handbrake takes a lot longer than VisualHub!

5. Lalaroo

I downloaded Handbrake, justin43712, and all the videos it has converted work fine on the Eris. Who knows why, but I'm glad to have something that'll work - even if Handbrake takes a lot longer than VisualHub!