Problems with wifi, pandora and facebookGeneral

Last Updated:

1. Lazarus

Lazarus Member This Topic's Starter

A little info on my current environment. I'm in the basement of a hsopital so I dont get a signal but the hospital has wifi that I can connect too. Yesterday everything was fine but today Facebook isn't working via the FB app or via wifi. When I try to access it through say google over wiki the page doesnt load and finally I get a communication failed error. When I use the FB app and go to news feed the facebook page displays and says "Loading content" and the little thingy goes around but nothing loads and I get a 503 Service unavailable message. Just to check I went upstairs, turned off wifi and connect via regular 3G.

Now the Pandora problem is intermittent but when I press the Pandora widget/shortcut, the Pandora page shows and then I get a 501 while startupasynctask. I just got the error again, just now and hit ok and then the radio started working.

Also when I power down and power up the phone it keeps asking me to set the time zone. Anyone know what gives?

Advertisement
  2. stlouisrocker65

stlouisrocker65 New Member

Well unfortunately my wife had a similar problem she did not use Pandora so I can't help you with that. I cannot help you with your time zone problem either but somehow Pandora was installed on her phone, she was having the same problem you were with Facebook after weeks of having the same problem on the Wi-Fi and the 4G, I figured out Pandora was interfering with Facebook. The only solution I have for you is to uninstall Pandora I wish I had a better answer because if you want to use Pandora also that will not help you sorry I cannot give a better answer.

3. mikedt

mikedt 你好 Guide

Sounds like a problem with the hospital WiFi network, perhaps they had issues or it was just congested, too many users. Large public WiFi networks might have very limited bandwidth and connectivity anyway, things like hospitals, airports, railway stations, where there's many people, there's just not enough for satisfactory streaming.

For timezone, I just set that manually and it's done. I did have it on auto, but found that the phone was still showing Beijing time, when it was actually in Moscow.

Last edited: Mar 1, 2016