problems with wifiSupport

Last Updated:

1. bonerp

bonerp Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I have previously happily been connected to my BT home hub via wifi and using the Y5 Battery Saver that connects automatically when I am at home. However for some unknown reason tonight I cant get the connection to hold.

It does the 'obtaining IP address'... then goes to authenticate and then disconnects.

I have done the 'forget' the connection and re enter the password but no joy. I've reset the hub. The laptop works fine and keeps the connection.

Any idea?

Paul

Advertisement
  2. bonerp

hmm weird its suddenly connected....after 2 hours of trying!! grrr

3. Krimian

Krimian Well-Known Member

Why not post what you did to correct it? (If you did anything over then clicking connect to your chosen wifi signal over and over)

Just so others may no, In case it happens to someone else :)

Glad you got it sorted though :)

4. bonerp

It just eventually obtained the ip address from the hub and connected..!

Took around 2 hours though. The phone tried repeatedly - I did nothing.

Interestingly I now have the same problem trying to connect to my girlfriends hub - also a BT one. But at hers I have to manually keep ticking the wifi box for it to try.

I think there must be some issue with the way BT hubs work and connecting to an android phone. Anyone else had issues/delays/repeated attempts to connect??

5. ron1122

ron1122 Member

got that same problem since yesterday... upto now it's not yet connected to my wifi at home.... =(

6. Pothers

Pothers Well-Known Member

Have you tried changing the wireless channel on the Hub. They come setup on automatic channel selection, by logging onto the hub you can change it to a fixed channel from 1 to 11 (13 on the older hubs). Try selecting a channel from 6 up.

7. Whelkaholism

Whelkaholism Member

I get this very occasionally on my Desire S, however for me, resetting the router works every time - although, like you, the desktop PC is happily connected all the while.

Maybe it is the channel thing? I'll give it a go, my router is on auto channel selection, but it'd be annoying to change it - I live in a block of flats and the airwaves are very congested, last time I tried setting a fixed channel the connection was incredibly flaky.

8. Dioky

Dioky Member

Hi there,

Since my update to Gingerbread, I'm suffering WiFi problems:
    - connection on WiFi access point says connection is OK;
    - connection on DHD says connection is OK, reception quality is excellent;
    - with code *#*#4636#*#* I can see signal strength is -61dB which is good indeed. So problem with reported threshold of -88dB isn't the cause.
    - I can connect to Sitecom access point at work (WPA key);
    - I can't connect whatever way I tray (even after many reflashes) to my home access point (SpeedTouch / WEP key).

Data connection over 3G is OK.

This is getting very annoying!

Regards,

9. Goreygirl

Goreygirl Well-Known Member

This happened to be a few times a few months back and I found that rebooting the phone solved it at the time and it hasn't happened since.

10. drhunter

drhunter Active Member

I've just had a similar problem but for some reason after updating to 2.3 my phone had a static IP address. Changed that setting and it's fine!
    Settings > wireless & networks > wi-fi settings > "menu" > advanced > un tick "use static IP"

11. Dioky

Dioky Member

Hi there,

After some searching, trying and reading, I found out that I could use some WiFi routers but couldn't others.
    Thought at first it was a problem with only SpeedTouch routers, but some others worked fine with my updated DHD (Android 2.3.3 / ARHD GB 5.1.7)

So that made me try it on the routers side: I updated my SpeedTouch 716 router with the latest available firmware and all works fine now :D

Checked it and rechecked :cool:

Regards,