Problems with Windows 7 and HTC HEROSupport

Last Updated:

1. mattyvx

mattyvx Member This Topic's Starter

Hi!

I have a HTC hero and Im having trouble "mounting" my sd card to my computer.

Im running a windows 7 64 OS and have downloaded the HTC software update for my computer. I can now sync my phone but i cant get my pictures from my phone to my laptop.... it shows the removable device for a second or two then disappears!

Any ideas?!

Thanks

Advertisement
  2. vido.ardes

vido.ardes Well-Known Member

Once you plug it in, if you check your phone there will be a notification. Tap it and it will ask if you want to Mount the SD card, do that and it will show up in windows explorer as an external device ;)

3. mattyvx

it doesn't.... thats my problem.

It works on my other PC (running xp) but not my laptop. It appears for a split second then it seems like it auto unmounts and disappears.

Im guessing its something to do with windows 7?

4. croc9968

croc9968 Active Member

I run windows7 os 64 and I don't have that problem, so I dont think its windows. I know that there is an option to hide external devices eg card readers etc so it could be something to do with your settings? Saying that though it could be the software you use to sync, I none running and windows just recognises the Hero as an external drive and I copy items on that basis with no sync software running at all

5. mattyvx

the external device doesn't even appear.

It will appear if I uninstall everthing (drivers etc) an re-install but only for the first connection.

After I have connected once I get a one second "glimpse" and then the removable disk option goes.

After I click mount on my phone the notifcation bar reads:

Turn Off USB storage...(1 sec)
    Preparing SD card...(1 sec)
    USB Connected

any other ideas? I haven't changed my windows settings for show/hide removable devices...

6. zaffy

zaffy Active Member

7. antipesto93

antipesto93 Well-Known Member

yeah for the sync issues, i just turned the phone on and off while it was plugged in and the sync manager recognised it in windows 7
    the mounting thing must be somehthing to do with your pc
    or just buy a card reader: )

8. kaine

kaine Well-Known Member

I have the same problem, my hero with W7 64bit. Drives me crazy, and options to do this over wifi instead don't work.

9. chrisk

chrisk Member

I get exactly the same problem!

I connect my phone using USB, click mount on the phone and for about 1 second it's mounted, then it unmounts.

I have on a very limited occasion had it mount long enough to be of some use.

Running 7 64 bit here too, on a Dell XPS Studio

10. itandy

itandy Well-Known Member

There's an option called "USB debugging" in System -> Applications -> Development. Worth a try.

11. tgulch22

tgulch22 Well-Known Member

I can mount and access my SD without a problem on both my xp desktop and my windows 7 laptop. However I cannot sync on the windows 7 machine. No issue with xp. I do have the debug checked on the usb option. the laptop says that it cannot find the drivers for my phone

12. antipesto93

antipesto93 Well-Known Member

my windows 7 automatically found the drivers when i plugged the phone in
    try this
    install htc suite ( or whatever its claleD)
    Restart computer
    Open htc suite
    plug your phone on ( dont mount it)
    then while the phone is still plugged in, turn it off and on, when it turns on htc suite will recognise it

13. tgulch22

tgulch22 Well-Known Member

I tried that when I read somehwere about turning it off and on, however when I turn it back on,it doesnt even have the optionto sync on the phone anymore...I have to unplug the USB and plug it back in in order to get the sync back up. And I dont mount it when I am trying to sync it.

14. Jean_PDP

Jean_PDP New Member

Hi Everyone

Hope this helps, took about 3 hours, but root cause analysis done,

Result:
    At first I believe something done to the phone component specifically was the cause.
    Manually removed using USBDeview, no joy software ad drivers left me right back where I started.

Lights at the end of the tunnel, booted Windows Safe Mode. Figured it does support USB storage devices and low and behold bob is not my uncle but it work!!!

So looking at the differences between normal Windows mode and Safe, culprit was the Anti-virus, in this case Eset NOD32