Problems with Windows Live MessengerGeneral

Last Updated:

1. emzilee

emzilee New Member This Topic's Starter

Hi everyone,

So since I got my Mini Pro I haven't been able to log into messenger and 3's customer service are being pretty unhelpful about the problem!

When I open the Windows Live Messenger app, I can put in my login details like normal and then press "sign in". The status bar loads to full and then I get the error message - "The application Windows Live Messenger (process miyowa.android has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again." and then the only option is to "force close" the app. BUT if I'm logged in to Windows Live on my laptop at the same time, I get the message saying that I've logged in elsewhere.

I've tried reinstalling the app and that hasn't worked.

I would use a different app like ebuddy or something, but 3 will only give me free messenger if I use their official WLM version.

Someone help, please! Before I have to phone the horrible 3 helpline again!

Advertisement
  2. Kazzles

Kazzles New Member

I am also having the same problem as this on my Xperia. :(

3. Sam-SonyXperia

Sam-SonyXperia Well-Known Member

This does sound more like a problem with the application itself, however one of the common issue we see regarding this type of service is where the network have provided WAP settings instead of the actual Internet settings. This is fine if you have a generic phone but for the model here it would make many internet based functions unstable or non-functional. To resolve this please contact your current network provide and have them send you the Internet settings (just make it clear you do not want WAP settings).