• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Problems with Youtube

alextop30

Android Expert
Oct 5, 2010
Windy City of Chicago
I read all of the previous youtube problem posts and it seems nothing fits in my category. To start off I have an HTC Evo 4G Phone on Droid 2.2. The youtube Application version that I am using is 2.0.26. At most places around me I have 4g signal so the connection is pretty fast - I believe in my house it gets to 4 megs per second. When I try to play a video in youtube at my house it is usually not a problem however when I get into my car and try to play video I usually have 4g on it shows the video is loading but in a minute or so it states that there has been an error with youtube and it does not play. I get this more often when I am on 3g than 4g I find this strange because there should be absolutely no problem over the strong wimax signal or strong 3g signal. What could be causing this problem and how can I find out if it is not something with the phone or the application. Do you guys experience similar issues and how did you resolve them. My resolution for now is to completely run away from the HQ versions of the videos so they buffer faster and hope they do not hang in the begging otherwise they will not play at all.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones