• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Probs with Helix 1 & 2

carassius

Apr 21, 2010
Using a Motorola Droid.

I installed Helix 1 about a month ago and was loving it. Initially, I didn't remove any of the original widgets or icons before making Helix the default. About 2 weeks into using it I got a strange problem. With no predictable cause I suddenly would not be able to open a folder on the "desktop" and could only open it if I restarted Helix launcher. This would not affect other folders. I then uninstalled and tried Helix 2 and got a few FC's and the same problem showed up within a day.

I thought I read that widgets should be removed before using Helix, so I removed all widgets and every single icon and reinstalled Helix 1. The same problem occurred within a day.

I couldn't find anyone else reporting the same problem as this. I do get a few FC's now and then, but this is tolerable. Not being able to open a folder about 10 times per day and restarting Helix every time is not acceptable.

Any ideas as to a workaround or something I've done wrong?

Thanks in advance...been reading this forum for awhile but this is my first post!

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones