process com.android.phone error message/force close

Last Updated:

1. Hola Mamacita

Hola Mamacita Member This Topic's Starter

Gang,

I believe I accidentally (as a dumb noob) deleted the TelephonyProvider.apk and the Sprint_Promotion.apk apps. I got them on my SD card and have been trying unsuccessfully to reinstall them all night on package installer but I keep getting this wonderful "process com.android.phone" force close message. I managed to get my phone into airplane mode thinking if I disconnected it from the internet I could stop the error messages and do the installs off my SD card but to no avail. I'm trying to do it through Package Installer. HELP:confused:

Advertisement
  2. t0ast3d

t0ast3d Well-Known Member

If your rooted, which I'm guessing you are.

Just reflash the ROM, without wiping.

3. Hola Mamacita

Thanks so much Toast, I've read so much about what you've developed and am honored at your reply (I'm an awestruck Noob....) Ok so I'm reflashing the joeykrim rootfiles that I used to root my phone originally on my clockworkMod recovery v2.0.2.3....I hope that's right....it just finished. I'm rebooting and hope this works. Thankfully I saved everything to my SD card so I'll let you know what happens in a minute.....its stuck at the 4g screen....now what should I do? should I restart the phone i.e. take out battery and try restarting?

4. Hola Mamacita

The "4G" screen hung there forever but once it went away it's working great - thanks!!! If you ever come to San Diego give a shout!!!!