Support "process com.android.phone" has stopped working - HELP please

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by tripnbili, Jan 8, 2011.

1. tripnbili

tripnbili New Member

Jan 8, 2011
    I just found these forums and WOW! I'll certainly be using them and hopefully contributing as well.

Yesterday I decided I wanted to clear some text messages (over 10,000 total) and downloaded "Delete Old Messages" from the market to do this. I successfully deleted every message more than 1 week old and it helped my phone lag greatly. But in return I got a bug. I have since uninstalled the app, but it didn't fix the problem listed beloew

Anytime I receive a call I get the message "process com.android.phone has stopped working" Force Close?

I can't get any calls, yet I receive texts and emails etc. However I get no notification sounds/vibrates like I should. My led flashes, but no sound. I can send calls fine, but cannot receive incoming.

Help please!

Thanks!

Advertisement
  2. JB in AZ

JB in AZ VIP Member
    VIP Member

Oct 27, 2009
    Florida
    If you are using a custom ringtone, try setting the ringtone to a default ringtone. After one incoming call, re-assign it to the ringtone you prefer.

amit_eighty8 likes this.
  3. Lozer_Kid

Lozer_Kid Well-Known Member

Doing a hard reset is the way to go!

4. rstacy4

rstacy4 New Member

Apr 13, 2011
    This worked perfect for me. Thanks for giving us an answer thats was lost in a see of frustration.

5. amit_eighty8

amit_eighty8 Well-Known Member

Jan 26, 2011
    Software Engineer
    Delhi
    thanks JB in AZ ... that's the perfect just set ringtone to the one that exists

Tags: