"process com.android.phone" has stopped working - HELP pleaseSupport

Last Updated: 2011-08-16 10:36:20
  1. tripnbili

tripnbili New Member

I just found these forums and WOW! I'll certainly be using them and hopefully contributing as well.

Yesterday I decided I wanted to clear some text messages (over 10,000 total) and downloaded "Delete Old Messages" from the market to do this. I successfully deleted every message more than 1 week old and it helped my phone lag greatly. But in return I got a bug. I have since uninstalled the app, but it didn't fix the problem listed beloew

Anytime I receive a call I get the message "process com.android.phone has stopped working" Force Close?

I can't get any calls, yet I receive texts and emails etc. However I get no notification sounds/vibrates like I should. My led flashes, but no sound. I can send calls fine, but cannot receive incoming.

Help please!

Thanks!

Advertisement
  2. JB in AZ

JB in AZ VIP Member VIP Member

If you are using a custom ringtone, try setting the ringtone to a default ringtone. After one incoming call, re-assign it to the ringtone you prefer.
    amit_eighty8 likes this.
  3. Lozer_Kid

Lozer_Kid Well-Known Member

Doing a hard reset is the way to go!
  4. rstacy4

rstacy4 New Member

This worked perfect for me. Thanks for giving us an answer thats was lost in a see of frustration.
  5. amit_eighty8

amit_eighty8 Well-Known Member

thanks JB in AZ ... that's the perfect just set ringtone to the one that exists