Support process com.cooliris.media error

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by icedtea, Jan 3, 2012.

1. icedtea

icedtea Well-Known Member

Jul 20, 2011
    Male
    i have read some suggestions on other sites and same here but seems it does not solved my problem. every time i click EDIT for a photo to be edited the error on the subject always shows. ..

i did emptying of cach, clearing of data, deleting the cooliris.media folder and reboot, and even re-mounting my sdcard... but same result arises. this happend when i upgraded my unit. i know that photos captured from S2 might not need editing but it still helps when the need arises. . .

followed a similar issue but to no avail :

http://androidforums.com/g1-support/4000-android-process-media-crash-continual-rebooting.html

Advertisement
  2. DaveSyd

DaveSyd Well-Known Member

Jul 19, 2011
    Australia
    One thing that is worth trying is to go to settings, wireless and Network, USB Utilities and mount the phone as USB storage in windows as a drive I:,J: ? etc) for \sdcard\ internal and also \sdcard\external_sd mincrosd.

Right click the corresponding drive letter in windows and choose properties, tools tab and the 'error-checking' to run chkdsk by windows which fix any corrupted files or missing strings.

3. icedtea

icedtea Well-Known Member

Jul 20, 2011
    Male
    have you experienced this as well? :thinking:

4. Gearu

Gearu Well-Known Member

Apr 13, 2011
    It's something to do with the stock gallery app, which probably includes the viewer/editor. Cooliris is the way the gallery does that 3d movement stuff, you can get it for your PC too.

You could try installing the Gallery APK again, here is a collection of all the stock APKs for the SII.
    https://spreadsheets.google.com/spr...SENVeXlqUm5vV0E&single=true&gid=0&output=html

I am not responsible if anything goes wrong though etc.

5. DaveSyd

DaveSyd Well-Known Member

Jul 19, 2011
    Australia
    No I haven't experienced the direct symptoms you describe but it just sounded like possibly corrumpt FAT table etc. getting confused where data was etc.?