1. Welcome to the newer, better version of Android Forums! Be sure to see the announcement and enjoy checking it out!

Some of you have been having login issues. - Please try now. Sorry for the trouble!
  2. All attachments uploaded on the first day of this new look need to be re-uploaded, or will appear broken. All prior to that, and all going forward, should work fine. We apologize for the inconvenience!

processor speed over OS or visa versa?

1. reubixcubix

reubixcubix Member

hi all, im looking at my first smart phone
    would love the htc one x but its out of my reach finacially atm and to be quiet honest as a first smart phone i dont think i would do it justice .

so i have a couple of choices to weigh up and was hoping you mibght be able to help...

would you go for faster processor speed (800 mhz vs 600 mhz ) over OS ( 4.0 icecream sandwich
    verses android 2.3 gingerbread )?:confused:

options in my budget are htc desire c with 600 mhz and 2.3 gingerbread or galaxy ace 800 mhz with 4.0 icecream sandwich

Many thanksfor your help :)

who knew it would take so long to find a phone!

Advertisement
  2. rui-no-onna

rui-no-onna Well-Known Member

I believe it's the HTC Desire C that comes with Ice Cream Sandwich and not the Samsung Galaxy Ace. Between those two, I'd choose the Desire. While its processor is only 600MHz, it's a Cortex A5 which is more efficient than the ARM11 800MHz on the Galaxy Ace.

Check out this comparison:
    AnandTech - Bench - Smartphone11

The HTC Status has the same CPU as the Samsung Galaxy Ace. Basically, the HTC Desire C has both ICS and a faster CPU. Kind of a no-brainer, don't you think?
  3. reubixcubix

reubixcubix Member

you are absoultely right... sorry its been a long day:D

and i wont pretend to understand what you just said, but thankyou for your reply...i have ordered the HTc desire c , but was wobbling with the numbers;)

am i also right in thinking the desire c spec ,isnt as good as the original desire?
  4. Wilkas

Wilkas Well-Known Member

If you can afford it reubix pick yourself up a pair of beats headphones to go with that phone, the stock headphones are ok but with a pair of beats the sound quality is as good if not better than anything I've heard... amazed that the desire C comes with the integrated beats.