processor speed over OS or visa versa?

1. reubixcubix

reubixcubix Member

hi all, im looking at my first smart phone
    would love the htc one x but its out of my reach finacially atm and to be quiet honest as a first smart phone i dont think i would do it justice .

so i have a couple of choices to weigh up and was hoping you mibght be able to help...

would you go for faster processor speed (800 mhz vs 600 mhz ) over OS ( 4.0 icecream sandwich
    verses android 2.3 gingerbread )?:confused:

options in my budget are htc desire c with 600 mhz and 2.3 gingerbread or galaxy ace 800 mhz with 4.0 icecream sandwich

Many thanksfor your help :)

who knew it would take so long to find a phone!

Advertisement
    :
  2. rui-no-onna

rui-no-onna Well-Known Member

I believe it's the HTC Desire C that comes with Ice Cream Sandwich and not the Samsung Galaxy Ace. Between those two, I'd choose the Desire. While its processor is only 600MHz, it's a Cortex A5 which is more efficient than the ARM11 800MHz on the Galaxy Ace.

Check out this comparison:
    AnandTech - Bench - Smartphone11

The HTC Status has the same CPU as the Samsung Galaxy Ace. Basically, the HTC Desire C has both ICS and a faster CPU. Kind of a no-brainer, don't you think?
  3. reubixcubix

reubixcubix Member

you are absoultely right... sorry its been a long day:D

and i wont pretend to understand what you just said, but thankyou for your reply...i have ordered the HTc desire c , but was wobbling with the numbers;)

am i also right in thinking the desire c spec ,isnt as good as the original desire?
  4. Wilkas

Wilkas Well-Known Member

If you can afford it reubix pick yourself up a pair of beats headphones to go with that phone, the stock headphones are ok but with a pair of beats the sound quality is as good if not better than anything I've heard... amazed that the desire C comes with the integrated beats.