• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

ProClip has released a Droid mount

Don't know how old this is, but I just checked back today and saw the charging mount.

ProClip Mounting System - Motorola Droid (Verizon) - Charging Holder with Tilt Swivel and Cigarette Lighter Adapter

Needless to say, I just ordered mine. $98 after tax and shipping, but it'll be worth it IMO considering how much I use my phone in my car. If it saves me from getting even one ticket it'll have paid for itself.

Also I'm sick and damn tired of these suction cup mounts falling off the dash / windshield.

Upvote 0
No need to go through ebay. I deal direct with paypal. I place the order direct through ProClip using my reseller's account and they ship direct to you. Warranty and returns are the same as if you bought it direct. I just save you a few bucks and make a few bucks in the process. If you were on some other forums, you'd see quite a few ProClip threads and about 100 plus members who have bought from me. Plus I get their ear for suggestions, problems and such. Working on getting the HTC extUSB cable sold separately for clean power and audio installs. Got the the 1st gen iphone holder labeled for the Nexus 1 and put in that category on the website so Nexus 1 owners know they have a padded option. And when people on the forums have problems, I tend to be more responsive in getting them handled. It's a fun side hobby.

Upvote 0
Go with this Innotraveler Car Kit for a car cradle. It has charging input AND outputs so you can charge other devices with it and charge your Droid at the same time. It will work with the Innocase and I would imagine most other cases would also fit if they aren't to bulky. It also has a AMPS compatible locking plate so it should fit on the ProClip if they use AMPS (would be stupid of them not to since it is a industry standard).

Upvote 0
the only thing I don't like about the Seidio is those charging outlets on there. They are convenient, but you start charging things there and it just junks up your dash. charging things, audio out and so on. You've got wires going everywhere. I'd rather wire up a simple usb hub and place it behind the dash or in a cubby hole or something to keep it out of site and keep my mounting area clean. I do think powered is definitely the way to go. Just wish more companies would adopt the htc extUSB connector so you could combine audio and power with a complete proprietary connector like Apple, Sandisk and so on.

Upvote 0
I have been using a simple and versatile mounting. I put two shorts strips of velcro on the battery door and also on the center of steering wheel. GPS works fine there. Also if someone calls I can see easily who it is. I also use the velcro variously to mount the phone at home depending on what I am doing.

Upvote 0
OK, just got & installed my mount and it's infinitely better than the stock Motorola car mount. Installation was a little trickier than advertised; I had to screw the device mount into the vehicle mount at an awkward angle (I dropped the mount between my seat & center console once, and dropped the screwed 4-5 times. Luckily I didn't lose em)

Also when I first unboxed it, I had a bit of an adverse reaction - the microUSB didnt fit my Droid's port quite right. I had to play around with it to find out I have to slide my Droid in at a slight angle to get it to dock correctly.

But once I got it all hooked up, the results are quite clean and impressive. I never used my Motorola car dock unless I was on a long trip and needed the navigation, but I think I'll get much more use out of this one.

---

On a side note, anyone notice the $80 mount ProClips has on their site? WTF is that about? The only difference I see is the cord is straight instead of curled? That's not exactly something I'd spend an extra $20 on.

Upvote 0
Thought I'd share pics of the DROID ProClip (with extension plate) in my 2010 Accord. I'm extremely happy with the setup. It keeps the DROID close and accessible when necessary. Worth the extra $$ in my opinion.

zx40md.jpg

309t1m9.jpg

Upvote 0
bvienneau....setup looks nice. Those L shaped adapters do wonders for the console mounts. They work well for vertical type players like the Stilettos from Sirius.

on a side note, anyone notice the $80 proclip holder is designed to do a fixed install direct powered from your fusebox to create a cleaner more permanent install? Also includes a voltage regulator as well as the magnet to activate car dock mode. If you're just going for the dock like solution with the cigarette lighter adapter, it's only $60. Both of which can be had cheaper through me.
On a side note, anyone notice the $80 mount ProClips has on their site? WTF is that about? The only difference I see is the cord is straight instead of curled? That's not exactly something I'd spend an extra $20 on.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones