Professional Driver Timer

Last Updated:

1. vdubmad5

vdubmad5 New Member This Topic's Starter

Hi Devs, just a little thought.......

There are numerous timer apps on the market, but none which do possibly the most important timing, that of bus and HGV EU Driving hours.

If anyone is interested I would love to see an app which can do this, you can buy a device at drivertimer.co.uk but how cool it would be if I could have this on my phone?

I am sure a great many drivers would be interested too, I would certainly recommend it

Thanks

Advertisement
  2. tp_technologies

tp_technologies Well-Known Member

what exactly are you looking for this to do? also how big of a market do you think professional drivers with android phones be? and last but not least how much would someone be willing to pay for an app like this?

3. vdubmad5

vdubmad5 New Member This Topic's Starter

hi, to answer your questions,

1: basically what i am looking for is an extension of a multiple timer kind of thing, to help towards keeping within the eu driving hours regulations

2: many people in the uk have android phones, including most of my friends in the bus/truck driving industry who would be really excited about an app like this

3: im not sure how much people would pay, but a stand alone driver timer costs 26gbp so i guess it does have the potential to make some money if done right. as in my previous post, check out Driver Timer - Home for more info on what the project is about.

hope this has helped!!!

thanks

4. phil_mw60

phil_mw60 Member

Hi vdubmad5,

Have you had any luck finding an android app for logging HGV driving hours?

I would be interested in developing such an application if you haven't found anyone else to do this yet?

Would it essentially be an app with 3 seperate timers and a countdown from a maximum number of hours permitted?

If you are still interested in this please let me know the exact requirements.

Thanks,

Phil