1. Introducing Channels - a new way to chat with other Android users!
    Dismiss Notice

Profile app, ring phone silent messages

Last Updated:

1. tennvol

tennvol Member This Topic's Starter

Is there a application or a way to have the phone vibrate but have messages come in silently? Sometimes I need to have alerts silent, and be able to tell that there is a phone call, other times I need to have both message alerts and phone calls be audible. I'm looking for a way to quickly do this.

Advertisement
  2. s-one

s-one Well-Known Member

I too have been looking for a profile settings program.. unfortunately Locale isn't exactly what I was looking for and just needed a quick manual profile switching app like I had on my BB. Anyhow after researching a bit the only thing I came close to anything similar is an app in the market called Toggle Settings by Abhishek Nath. Currently it's not 2.0 supported but I've found the 1.6 version to work minus a couple things not working such as turning on/off bluetooth with the profile switching. Not that bad but it's serving its purpose till it gets ported to 2.0. Hope that helps.

s-one

3. tennvol

I don't really care about by. Thanks for the tip on the app

4. tennvol

Check out a app called EAR. I found it in the marketplace and initial testing has strong promise this is what I'm looking for.

5. s-one

s-one Well-Known Member

I'll check that one out too. Much thanks.