• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Profile apps won't alter ringtones

Bluechild

Lurker
Jun 18, 2013
Please help- this is starting to drive me insane!
A simple profile manager app is essential to me, I used to use "Ear" but can't find it now on Playstore. I have just got a Samsung Galaxy S5 on Android 5.0.2 (Lollipop?) and tried various apps but whenever I get an sms I hear the annoying Samsung 'whistle' tone rather than the ringtone I have set. I have gone through all the in-app settings making sure all the overrides are in place, I have set the text messaging system within the 'phone itself to play the default tone (ie whatever is set by the app). 'Profile Scheduler' seemed perfect and visually all the changes were made within the notifications system, but I still got the whistle. The weird thing is I have never used the whistle as a tone and it isn't set anywhere. Can anyone help before I chuck my new 'phone through a window? It's probably something simple and obvious but I'd appreciate some guidance.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones