bberryhill0 Well-Known Member

Hmmm. This is what I get when I import:

Attached Files:

3. bberryhill0

Aha! I didn't delete the tasks.
  4. bberryhill0

I was getting unpredictable results so I changed the Context for GetLight to Display Unlocked. It seems to work now.

I also cut the brightness choices down to two. Above 1500 and below. I use 100 for the lower setting. I'll probably add back the really low setting for levels below 160.
  5. bberryhill0

Here's my latest attempt. Oddly it works fine when I run it but it doesn't go to the lowest level when activated by Display Unlocked.

Attached Files:

6. SUroot

SUroot Well-Known Member Developer

It seems over complicated. You don't really need the else. And upi would have a less than first
  7. bberryhill0

It runs faster because it doesn't go through all the checks.
  8. SUroot

It still makes all the checks, just in reverse order. But yeah, Still start with the less than.
  9. bruce73

bruce73 Well-Known Member

What's the performance difference and/or advantage between using Display On or Display Unlocked as the context?
  10. SUroot

I have a Pattern lock. For me, one of the biggest reasons to create this profile was to be able to see what I'm entering on teh pattern unlock screen. The Unlock context wouldn't help me there.
  11. bruce73

So it's just a matter of when it kicks in then. OK, thanks.
  12. bberryhill0

The point of the else is to skip the other checks if the first one matches.

For some reason on my phone this doesn't run on the lockscreen. That's why I changed to Display Unlocked.
  13. SUroot

Yes I know how it works. I use it in places too. However if is the last value, it checks everything before it first.

I'm not sure why you see 3 different brightness settings on your device. Theres no way your device is too slow, so why its acting so slow is beyond me.

Sure if this works for you better, use it. But I would still recommend having the less than setting first if you're having trouble getting it to run
  14. bruce73

My issue now is that, while the brightness setting will change, the screen won't usually show the change until I go into Display settings and pull up the slider (or access it through my Widgetsoid widget) and hit cancel. I don't know if this is a issue with my phone (HTC Vivid) or ICS.
  15. SUroot

I mentioned that problem earlier with touching my notification bar. Also sometimes, it would be at 0 but the slider would register one of the profile values.

This happened a lot when I was testing alternative methods looking for a v2 candidate. Sometimes a reboot fixed. Other time I had to restore the entire app data.

I never got passed that to be honest. Thsts why v2 is how it is. It works reliably for me
  16. bberryhill0

My version seems to be working now. So far on the low end I've seen lightvalues of 160, 225 and 320. The high is 10240 or something like that. Do your phones have the same range of values?

* This is cool. I just tweaked my lowest level to < 230 to catch the 225 level because it was a bit bright. This is how auto-brightness should work.
  17. bruce73

Yeah, I'm getting 90
  18. bberryhill0

I changed the context for GetLight back to Display On and it didn't apply until the second time I turned the display on. Weird. Back to Display Unlocked.

On my phone Tasker takes about a second to process each line of code. I added a %Brightness variable so I can monitor %BRIGHT and the variable changes a second after the screen brightness changes.
  19. digit27

digit27 Active Member

When I try Variable Set %LightValue To %LIGHT, %LightValue just becomes "%LIGHT" :confused:
  20. SUroot

Did you put it in quotations?
  21. Frank_V

Frank_V New Member

22. bruce73

Open up Tasker, go to the Variables tab, and you'll see the current value.
    Frank_V and bberryhill0 like this.
  23. Frank_V

Frank_V New Member

Many thanks! I didn't have that tab, and then I realized I still had beginner mode selected. Appreciate the quick reply.
  24. bruce73

No prob, glad to help.
  25. bberryhill0

And then there's the stuff you can swipe from the top and bottom. I have four projects. Still haven't figured out the stuff at the bottom.

Attached Files: