• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

[Profile] [Light Sensor] V2 - Brightness adjust on Screen on

I tried to use these profiles for 3 days and it is using way too much battery. My battery monitor shows tasker using 30 percent of the battery. I have never had it that high before.

The getlight profile should only be enabled when the screen is off. It should turn off when screen turns on. If it is not doing this, it will continually poll the light sensor, draining battery

Upvote 0
I just had this happen to me when I transferred to a new phone. Weird. I set %LightValue to a number and the problem was fixed.

I was hoping this would work for me... I set %LightValue to "1" when creating it (is that what you mean?) but when the task runs, %LightValue still turns to "LIGHT"

I had it too after upgrading to jb. Well it was returning 0.0 then I deleted everything and restored it. Then it was "LIGHT". I spoke to the dev and he said that if it was linked to a disabled profile (which it was) tasker decides it doesn't need to

Im not sure I understand... You mean a profile that is 'uncheck' under the profile tab? I don't have any disabled profile and %LIGHT still returns "LIGHT".

If either of you have any other ideas please let me know.

Upvote 0
i first have to commend you on a brilliant tasker profile i hate having to leave the house and not be able to see anything on the screen in sunlight(i have my brightness set to min). Well i downloaded the profile v2 and added it to tasker but the profile Get Light keeps disabling itself instead of a green tick i get a red cross symbol. I click it it turns green but the min i exit the app and start it again its back to a red cross. Any ideas why this is happening?

edit:-

added screenshot

Attachments

• 2012-12-10 02.14.53.png
    2012-12-10 02.14.53.png
    99.6 KB · Views: 294
Upvote 0
well i tried it in direct sunlight today but the screen brightness didnt change. However if i manually made the screen bright it reset back to min brightness on its own.

Check the variable in the variables tab. Is it going above the values set? If not, maybe you need to alter the values to suit you. They need adjusting. When I want screen bright might be s higher light value than you...

If you turn it up and it goes dimmer, seems its working just not at values you want to work with

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones