[Profile] [Light Sensor] V2 - Brightness adjust on Screen on

1. bruce73

bruce73 Well-Known Member

How exactly did you get that row at the bottom to appear?
  2. bberryhill0

bberryhill0 Well-Known Member

It's only visible in the Variables tab. Swipe up on the arrow right above the +.
    bruce73 likes this.
  3. bruce73

bruce73 Well-Known Member

Aha! Never spotted that arrow before. Thanks!
  4. bberryhill0

I hit it accidentally and couldn't figure out what I did for a while.
  5. digit27

digit27 Active Member

I think that's to filter the shown variables... although the predefined ones don't seem to work for me.
  6. GTurn

GTurn Well-Known Member

I tried to use these profiles for 3 days and it is using way too much battery. My battery monitor shows tasker using 30 percent of the battery. I have never had it that high before.
  7. bberryhill0

That's odd. Tasker doesn't even show up in my battery stats.
  8. SUroot

SUroot Well-Known Member Developer

The getlight profile should only be enabled when the screen is off. It should turn off when screen turns on. If it is not doing this, it will continually poll the light sensor, draining battery
  9. bberryhill0

I just had this happen to me when I transferred to a new phone. Weird. I set %LightValue to a number and the problem was fixed.
  10. SUroot

I had it too after upgrading to jb. Well it was returning 0.0 then I deleted everything and restored it. Then it was "LIGHT". I spoke to the dev and he said that if it was linked to a disabled profile (which it was) tasker decides it doesn't need to
  11. bberryhill0

Does the order the profiles are imported in matter?
  12. SUroot

Shouldn't do.
  13. shivark79

shivark79 Member

which is the latest? I tried to do it manually and there seems to be 2 versions on the first post. Is V1: (hidden text) the latest version?
  14. SUroot

You know V stands for Version?
  15. digit27

digit27 Active Member

I was hoping this would work for me... I set %LightValue to "1" when creating it (is that what you mean?) but when the task runs, %LightValue still turns to "LIGHT"

Im not sure I understand... You mean a profile that is 'uncheck' under the profile tab? I don't have any disabled profile and %LIGHT still returns "LIGHT".

If either of you have any other ideas please let me know.
  16. bberryhill0

I went to the Variable tab and set LightValue to a number manually. I had to do it twice.
  17. silentwitness

silentwitness Well-Known Member

i first have to commend you on a brilliant tasker profile i hate having to leave the house and not be able to see anything on the screen in sunlight(i have my brightness set to min). Well i downloaded the profile v2 and added it to tasker but the profile Get Light keeps disabling itself instead of a green tick i get a red cross symbol. I click it it turns green but the min i exit the app and start it again its back to a red cross. Any ideas why this is happening?

edit:-

added screenshot

Attached Files:

18. silentwitness

well i tried it in direct sunlight today but the screen brightness didnt change. However if i manually made the screen bright it reset back to min brightness on its own.
  19. SUroot

I designed it that way. Get light only needs to be on when the screen turns on. It records the value then turns off. If it stays on, your battery would drain as it would constantly recording light values whilst the screen was on
  20. SUroot

Check the variable in the variables tab. Is it going above the values set? If not, maybe you need to alter the values to suit you. They need adjusting. When I want screen bright might be s higher light value than you...

If you turn it up and it goes dimmer, seems its working just not at values you want to work with
  21. alicemenezes

alicemenezes Well-Known Member

Hey..... I'm not sure what this is. ?But I too would like to have an out brightness adjust thing. Does it work on ice cream sandwich...?? Its an app rite..?
  22. SUroot

This is the Tasker app forum. Yes, tasker is an app
  23. silentwitness

ya i figured that out after reading the profile for testing sake i changed the parameters and made everything to 255 but i dunno the screen does not seem to register brightness above 500.
  24. SUroot

Where do you live? Maybe its winter and there is no brightness over 500
  25. silentwitness

im in india there is always bright sunlight. I stood in direct sunlight and turned the phone on and tried but no luck.