• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

[Profile] [Light Sensor] V2 - Brightness adjust on Screen on

No not the profiles tab. The variable tab.

Check the %LightValue

2012-12-17073215.png

Upvote 0
No, the number is pulled fro the Light Sensor. So that number represents how bright the daylight is around the phone (in Lux) which is what we're basing the whole profile around.

When I took that screenshot, the daylight was 61 Lux.

Your problem is that the Light Sensor is not pushing that data to the variable which probably means there is something wrong with your profile. As I said, people have reported 0 values in this thread and there are some of us who have fixed it so have a read through the thread and try the things suggested.

Reactions: silentwitness
Upvote 0
i do have a screen protector on it.

edit:-

I went to the Variable tab and set LightValue to a number manually. I had to do it twice.

As per this post he says he set his LightValue number manually in the variable tab but the variable tab number is supposed to come automatically am i right? If i am then how can u set it manually?

Also the %LightValue is supposed to be set to LIGHT or %LIGHT?

Upvote 0
Yes if you manually set the variable over 500, the brightness will change. The idea of course is that the variable sets itself.

Your problem is real light values from the sensor are not populating the variable.

So you must turn off tasker and check if android auto brightness will adjust screen up and down. If so light sensor is fine

Upvote 0
ok i did a check and it turns out i had mistaken the light sensor on the phone, the actual light sensor is not covered by the screen protector so that should be an issue at all. I got a ridiculous reading on 27339 today in sunlight at which point the screen had full brightness. So i am not sure wht exactly the issue is. sorry to keep bothering you with this.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones