[Profile] [Root] Auto Nandroid backup Manager

1. silentwitness

silentwitness Well-Known Member

sim card lock pin it comes up as soon as the phone boots. It is different to the pin/pattern lock of the lock screen. Actually it presents itself after the phone boots and comes to the lock screen and u unlock and it asks u for the pin to continue.
  2. SUroot

SUroot Well-Known Member Developer

Oh i see. Probably not but I'll look into it.
    silentwitness likes this.
  3. silentwitness

thanks i did try googling it but didnt get very good or accurate responses.
  4. SUroot

I'm sorry, I dont think its possible
  5. silentwitness

ok cool no problem thanks for all the help. :)
  6. SUroot

I've updated post 1 to make it more user friendly.
  7. silentwitness

hey SU does this profile work for you in 4.2.1? It's not working for me. I tried manually running the profile and it does nothing(i get a message that tasker/secure settings has been granted SU status) but nothing else happens no reboot. i then had a look at the file structure i ended up cloning the profile and created a second one with the path as sh/mnt/shell/emulated/0/clockworkmod/nandroid.sh assuming it was unable to read the sh file but it still didnt work.
  8. Katmeat

Katmeat Member

Anyone know if this will work with AmonRa?
  9. silentwitness

it is not rom specific. I am assuming AmonRa is a custom rom.
  10. SUroot

No it only works with CWM variants. Extended commands are cwm only.
  11. SUroot

It will need updating
  12. silentwitness

ohh ok cool so what exactly would need to be updated? I tried manually creating a backup to internal memory from philz touch but after it completed i could not see it in the file manager. Im guessing if i were to change the path to external sd it would solve the issue and it would work?
  13. SUroot

I've just tested this. I know it works on the S3 4.2.1.... I'm not sure about other devices....

But it should be:

[HIGH]# Set today's date
    now=$(date +"%d_%m_%y-%H%M")

# Deletes previous archive (as contained within index1.txt)
    rm -rf $(cat /sdcard/clockworkmod/backup/index1.txt)

# Moves previous backup to archive (index2 becomes index1 for delete next time)
    mv /sdcard/clockworkmod/backup/index2.txt /sdcard/clockworkmod/backup/index1.txt

# Stamps new index 2
    echo '/sdcard/clockworkmod/backup/'$now > /sdcard/clockworkmod/backup/index2.txt

# writes a command for recovery to read (creates index2 backup)
    echo 'backup_rom("/sdcard/0/clockworkmod/backup/'$now'");' > /cache/recovery/extendedcommand[/HIGH]

But yes, instead of above, you could set external_sd where sdcard/0 is.
  14. silentwitness

ok so i updated the nandroid.sh file(with the code given above) and when i click on play it still does nothing i just get a message that tasker has been granted SU permissions.
  15. SUroot

You will need to change the task to point to the new script location too

sh /storage/emulated/legacy/clockworkmod/nandroid.sh
  16. silentwitness

i made the changes as said above but still nothing it does not restart the phone it just gives me the same message(tasker has been granted SU permissions). Also can i ask how did u manage to get that path for the clockworkmod folder?

I tried deleting my entire profile from tasker and re adding it again but still does not work.

you can get to the clockworkmod folder through so many different paths

/storage/emulated/legacy/clockworkmod/nandroid.sh

/storage/emulated/0/clockworkmod/nandroid.sh

/sdcard/clockworkmod/nandroid.sh

/mnt/sdcard/clockworkmod/nandroid.sh

how do we know for sure which path to use? Technically i know any one of them should work as they are all pointing to the same location. Sorry if its a dumb question but im not a linux guy.
  17. SUroot

Because I tested them!

Reboot is not even part of the script! Not rebooting is no indication of whether the script works or not.

Run the task then check if extended commands is in cache or if contents of index has changed. They are only ways to tell if script is running.

Not rebooting is separate issue.

The paths I said should work. At least they do for me on omega
  18. silentwitness

Ok I'm sorry but all the stuff you said to check makes no sense to me at all. how would i check?
  19. SUroot

Run the script then see if index2 contains today's date.
  20. silentwitness

well the clockworkmod folder is empty there are no index files there. Only file in the folder is nandroid.sh.
  21. SUroot

Are you running the task from tasker itself or from a shortcut on the home screen?

Obviously something is wrong somewhere from your config but being remote I cannot see it.

Its either the link to the script, the locations in the script or tasker itself.
  22. silentwitness

im running it from tasker itself open the nandroid task and click play. So any suggestions? I tried deleting the entire profile and re creating it and it didnt seem to help. If i were to create it on the external memory(with the old script) it would work right?
  23. SUroot

Can you export your profile and zip it up with your version of the script please? So I can look at it and test it on my phone?
  24. silentwitness

sure no problem. The profile is the exact same one posted on this page i re downloaded it recently and used it. The script i copied from what you pasted above. The file is attached. Thanks for all the help and sorry for all the problems and questions.

Attached Files:

25. SUroot

Your profile runs my script ok but I've already changed mine to work on external sd card.

It (the script) still lives on internal sd card (so don't change profile) and try this external sd script....

Code (Text):
    2. # Set today's date
    3. now=$(date +"%d_%m_%y-%H%M")
    5. # Deletes previous archive (as contained within index1)
    6. rm -rf $(cat /extSdCard/clockworkmod/backup/index1.txt)
    8. # Moves previous backup to archive (index2 becomes index1 for delete next time)
    9. mv /mnt/extSdCard/clockworkmod/backup/index2.txt /mnt/extSdCard/clockworkmod/backup/index1.txt
    11. # Stamps new index 2
    12. echo '/mnt/extSdCard/clockworkmod/backup/'$now > /mnt/extSdCard/clockworkmod/backup/index2.txt
    14. # writes a command for philz to read (creates index2 backup)
    15. echo 'backup_rom("/external_sd/clockworkmod/backup/'$now'");' > /cache/recovery/extendedcommand
    This is working for me at the mo....