Profile Widget/App Help

Last Updated:

1. Kataclysmic

Kataclysmic Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I've seen on some peoples phones they have a widget for different sound profiles. Airplane, vibrate, and silent modes.

This morning I dl'd more HTC widgets and I found on that said 'Profile.' The details say, "Quickly switch your phone's profile to normal, silent, or vibrate."

Once it dl'd I found the profile for 'Airplane' was added to my Settings widgets, but I've found nothing for normal, silent, or vibrate modes.

Am I missing something, not looking in the right place? Should I uninstall and reinstall and see if that helps?

Advertisement
  2. Kataclysmic

Help?

3. Droidone

Droidone Well-Known Member

I am having the same issue.

4. oalvarez

oalvarez Well-Known Member

Click on the + icon on your phone or menu>add to home>Widget>settings>Profile. It will have an icon of a phone that looks like its vibrating.

I have this Widget and use it every day! love it :D

JustinD and bitrot like this.
  5. DonB

DonB ♡ Spidey Sense !! ♡ ™ Moderator

When you say click on profile, do you mean one of the profiles there such as airplane mode??

6. oalvarez

No there will be an icon called Profile. If you dont see it from the settings option in the Widgets section it means you havent downloaded. To donwload it you have to select the first option in the Add widget section. Click on "Get more HTC widgets" Then click on Profile to install.

Make sense?

DonB likes this.
  7. DonB

You are correct I do not see it, so I will try it for the heck of it, thanks

8. oalvarez

Its a really easy and cool widget. If you constantly turn your phone from vib/silent to ringer like me, it will come in handy.

9. DonB

Got it, nice little feature, thanks again

10. Kataclysmic

The problem for me was that I did have it installed, but it was not showing up in my settings to make a widget.

I went ahead and uninstalled and reinstalled and it showed up. It's really not quite what I was looking for though. The ones I've seen that I want are separate icons/widgets for normal, vibrate, and silent. At this point I'm assuming they are an app from the Market.

11. oalvarez

Yeah you can find separate apps in the market. But the way I see it why have 3 shortcuts when you can have one? But to each their own.

12. Kataclysmic

Because I'd really like to just have a 'toggle switch' for each function rather than clicking the widget then choosing. It's not like I don't have enough 'home' space either. 7 screens that I will most likely never completely fill...