1. Introducing Channels - a new way to chat with other Android users!
    Dismiss Notice

Profiles and Vibrate

Last Updated:

1. deladroid

deladroid Member This Topic's Starter

I did a bunch of searching, and didn't find anything regarding this...

I've had my Droid for about 5 months now, and I've tried many of the profile apps. Unfortunately, the one thing that I'm annoyed with when it comes to the Android system is how it handles profiles-- specifically in regards to Vibrate.

I simply want to be able to have sounds on and vibrate off, and sounds off and vibrate on. However, you have to set each program (gmail, email, messaging) to have vibrate on, to utilize vibrate. BUT-- what if you want to quickly switch to a low volume sound only? I haven't seen an app that offers this yet. So, you have to go in and turn off the vibrates...

Really dumb shortful on Google's part in my opinion. It's actually causing me to consider going back to a windows phone *shudder* :( (windows 7 perhaps) .

Anyways, if I'm missing something, please enlighten me. I've been through EVERYTHING (rooted, not rooted, DroidMod, Cynogen, etc, etc, and back to 2.1 OTA).

Jasee

Advertisement
  2. TheSultan

TheSultan Well-Known Member

I use an app called "Quick Settings" have you tried that? I like it, but, I also don't change my "profiles" very often, I can usually set it in the morning for the day, and then again at night, so it doesn't take much work for me.

3. deladroid

I'm checking it out. It shows that it should work, and I just need to test. You may have restored my faith...

4. deladroid

Thank you! It works!

5. cdl

cdl Well-Known Member

Completely agree. :mad: Nokias and Iphones do a much better job in this regard. I use the free app 'Profiles' by "egg 'n stone": it's ok, but I still miss the way Nokias handle profiles