1. 2015 is going to be a great year for Android! Why wait??
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | HTC One M9
  2. New Forum Created: Samsung Gear VR!

program home button to bring up camera?General

1. kathayes

kathayes Well-Known Member

Is there a way to program the home button button to bring up the camera? If not, what is the quickest eay to bring up the camera from the lock screen?

Thanks.

Advertisement
    :
  2. NeoGrandizer

NeoGrandizer Well-Known Member

No way to program the home button to launch the camera. Or none that I am aware of.

The lock screen allows shortcuts to be placed on them just have the camera app added to it.

Settings>Lock screen>Lock screen options. Toggle the Shortcuts 'on'. Button will be green when it's active. Press on Shortcuts and you can modify the shortcuts on the lock screen.

That's a good way to keep people from using your phone.

Edit: that is if the carrier did not remove this option.
  3. drexappeal

drexappeal Well-Known Member

It would be awesome if there was a way to change the home button to be used as the camera button, while you're in the camera.

I also wish there were a way to stop the home button from doing anything when the phone is in standby. Too many accidental button presses, from when I'm blindly going to take the phone out of my pocket or put it in my pocket.
  4. Veritas4420

Veritas4420 Well-Known Member

If you do not have a password set you can place your thumb on the screen and turn the phone sideways to activate the camera.
  5. drexappeal

drexappeal Well-Known Member

I always forget about that gesture, until someone posts about it and reminds me. I was wondering why I hadn't created a notification shortcut for the camera, but now it makes sense. Since I use Widgetlocker, that doesn't work on the lockscreen, but I have a shortcut unlocker to the camera anyway. I just hope I remember the gesture, next time I'm using the phone and want to quickly open the camera.