Root Programming menu

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by prj, Sep 10, 2010.

1. prj

prj Well-Known Member

May 26, 2010
    I've installed the Nonsensikal ROM. With HTC Sense I would dial ##778 to get into the programming menu to change my SID numbers. ##778 or ##PROGRAM is not working on this ROM to access that menu.

Anyone know how to get in there?

Advertisement
  2. selvikin

selvikin Well-Known Member

Jul 25, 2010
    LA/OC County, California
    I think if I remember reading right in one of Kaos's threads on XDA, the Program menu isn't available to us on Froyo ROM's because technically the Eris doesn't have Froyo yet, so the ROM's are missing that file. If you do get into the program menu, you won't be able to get past the password part.

EDIT: Here's the link to the post: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=7885842&postcount=9340

3. prj

prj Well-Known Member

May 26, 2010
    Interesting. I programmed a bunch of SID numbers in my phone with Sense installed. Do you think it held those numbers?

4. doogald

doogald Guides
    Guide

Jan 7, 2010
    I believe that programming like that is held, as long as you do not update the radio. None of the Froyo ROMs do that, so you should be all set.

If you do need to reprogram anything, you can nandroid backup, install (or restore) one of the ROMs with the HTC frameworks - PlainJane, Ivan's, the xtrROMs, etc. - do the programming, and then restore the Froyo ROM.

5. IzelTokatl

IzelTokatl Well-Known Member

Dec 11, 2009
    a lifehacker
    Southern California
    you can use the following to activate the phone like *228, 2 (update roaming)

the other way, to update your program settings would be to flash back to a 2.1 ROM, do your programming ##PROGRAM, then make your changes, and then flash to the new ROM, those settings stay baked in.