Progress on root

Last Updated:

1. Dj_Android

Dj_Android Well-Known Member

Ok!!! This may work, Im using a program called Droid Explorer to Backup the phones data. Then I extracted the back up with winrar, Im going to try to put the file "su'" in System/xbin/(here). Then re-pack all of it and restore the phone with the modified back-up. Ill keep you guys updated.

Advertisement
  2. Fabman95

Fabman95 Well-Known Member

Don't forget to install superuser or supersu into the phone's /system/app directory otherwise you won't be able to do anything with that root :D
    And busybox would also be extremely useful too for many root apps!!!
    spanky0323 likes this.
  3. spanky0323

spanky0323 Well-Known Member

I just ordered. This phone ill have it in 2 days. I'll see what I can with rooting. When I get it.
  4. Dj_Android

The weird thing is, when I tried to update su. (I was experimenting) with the super user app, it said busybox was already installed 0.o
  5. Fabman95

Woah that is pretty weird o_O That probably happened during one of your rooting attempts in which busybox got installed.
  6. Dj_Android

I think so. Ive tried TONS of rooting methods.
  7. Dj_Android

See

Attached Files:

8. Fabman95

Yeah I see o.o
    At least you have that part down then :D lol
    Well you're going to have to keep trying I say you should look up all the exploits found for ICS devices :p
  9. Dj_Android

OOps:( Looks like i broke my recovery lol. I flashed over the nexus ICS recovery. now i have NO RECOVERY!!!. can some one be kind and please Copy and upload a Recovery.img please:eek:
  10. macjay420

macjay420 Well-Known Member

ill have the phone some time today..ill get you that .img for ya
    scary alien likes this.
  11. Dj_Android

Ahh, Thank You!! :D
  12. EvanJOBrien

EvanJOBrien Member

How do you get the .img? I can get it for you.
  13. spanky0323

How would you get the image without root.
  14. Dj_Android

You can pull it using ABD, or you can copy it to your SD card using root explorer.
    spanky0323 likes this.
  15. Fabman95

ahem ;)
    dump_image boot /sdcard/boot.img
  16. spanky0323

Has any tried the root with restore by binary just Google it it will pop xda fourms
  17. Dj_Android

I tried it. It didn't work.
    spanky0323 likes this.
  18. Sepero

Sepero Linux Guru

riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight.....
  19. macjay420

20. macjay420

I'll help with this phone as soon as I buy another..but it's not my top priority..Family always come first...bash that douche
  21. noirelion

noirelion Active Member

My wife said same thing! Lol- feature rich- only thing she'd want root for -would be wi-fi hotspot later.
  22. KutuluKid

KutuluKid Well-Known Member

I'd love to see a root for this phone, I've rooted a few other phones just to get rid of the damn metro intro animations (m835, Admire3g). Also to be able to remove some of the bloatware. I am a novice so can't really help with the research, but I might be willing to help somebody out with a small donation for their time..:)
  23. OutOfPhase

OutOfPhase Premium Member

Welcome KutuluKid to the forums. Hopefully somebody will gain root soon. I know other Avid phones have got it so I know people are working on it.
  24. KutuluKid

KutuluKid Well-Known Member

Thanks for welcoming me to the forums. Should I keep looking in this thread for a root? I think Macjay420 is right though, nice phone stock. But, I still like to have root access. Not worried about a ETA.